Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1289 **  (Read 142446 times)

DBone

Re: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1289 **
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »
On my x64 W7 machine, I had to uninstall script shield due to no-stop scanning as well as slowing web page loading too. I'm just running the file, web, network and behavior shields along with the auto sandbox.

rickz

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
Everything seems to be working fine since the last update.
Thanks Again to the AVAST TEAM!!

cadremis

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 04:23:35 AM »
I updated this new versión 6.0.1289 in my XP SP3 PC and everything seems to be working fine there... tks. rm

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
On my x64 W7 machine, I had to uninstall script shield due to no-stop scanning as well as slowing web page loading too. I'm just running the file, web, network and behavior shields along with the auto sandbox.

I'd be very interested in learning more about this problem.
Are you talking about some specific sites (that may be very JavaScript-intensive), or just generally, that browsing "anywhere" somehow feels heavier?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

lord ami

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »
Speaking about translations, can the page which has virus information etc (from pop-up) be translated? Otherwise there's no point of this option for non-native English speakers because they just don't understand it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2011, 01:30:23 PM »
Speaking about translations, can the page which has virus information etc (from pop-up) be translated? Otherwise there's no point of this option for non-native English speakers because they just don't understand it.

Guess it depends which language you use/speak. ;)
E.g. the German results are shown translated.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

lord ami

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2011, 02:39:23 PM »

Guess it depends which language you use/speak. ;)
E.g. the German results are shown translated.

Could be :)
I think it has connections with main avast site which is also available in German language.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
Well done avast!. I dont see anything wrong here for now... There maybe that glitch that appear again its the scan sensivity if you do "More details" alias "Plus de details" in french you can see Quick scan and others scans to dont got the orange bars for adjust it...

Also maybe another minor that can make the UI so bad is that "Logs scans" alias "Rapports de scans" its got a small weird finish in the scroll bar...

There a little problem on the WebRep again (oh thank igor if its was you that you correct the WebRep miss spell in the Help Center its better now, but there others misses spells that aint very very major so be sure you made a happy user so take your beer and be relax lol) "TELECHARGEMEN" in IE is wrong and in firefox "TELECHARGEMENTS" is good... Also Firefox has a big bug on the UI look the corners its all tell you...

PS : Is it me or the avast! News is loading slow or its normal ? Oh by the way i noticed my processor to work more because of script shield or web shield but its not a problem its dont slow down anything as i can see for now... Still its more secure for now so i dont got nothing to say.

This build is going more and more stable.

Thank to correct those problems.

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:10:44 PM by Mr.Agent »

jrace

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »

DBone

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »

I'd be very interested in learning more about this problem.
Are you talking about some specific sites (that may be very JavaScript-intensive), or just generally, that browsing "anywhere" somehow feels heavier?

Thanks
Vlk

Hi Vlk, I went from the last stable version with only: File, Web, Network, and Behavior shields as well as autosandbox too. Then when the new version came out, I upgraded via the UI, rebooted and then changed the configuration to add the script shield, but keep everything else the same. After a reboot, I noticed my avast! icon spinning non-stop, but it eventually settled down, so all was good. I used x32 IE9 to start browsing to all of my favorite spots, and each site took maybe 2-5 seconds longer to load then I was used to.

So I did a full scan with avast! (to load things into the cache, although I'm not sure if that's how it works, but it makes me feel better after an upgrade) and then I hopped on the web again, and I noticed the same slow downs. Then I opened the UI, and I saw that the script shield was just pounding away. The file, web and network were all normal, but I kept the UI open as I loaded new pages, and each time the script shield would dominate the scanning.

So I removed the script shield, rebooted, and all is normal again.........I do not have x32/x64 java on this machine, and I have active x filtering on in IE9. If you need anything else, let me know, and thanks for the great product. I'm currently using the free version, even though I have a paid active license with 2yrs left..........The free version is that good!

Offline cynderella28

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2011, 11:53:44 PM »
Just updated to 6.0.1289.

Everything's working great.

Thanks!   :)
Windows 7 | IE9  | Firefox | avast! 2014.9.0.2021| CCleaner | Malwarebytes | Spywareblaster 5.0

Jack 1000

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2011, 03:05:07 AM »
Just updated through the pop-up notification.  Seems faster!  (This board seemed a little longer to get to for some reason.)

Jack

Rixuel

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2011, 03:41:35 AM »
Stability improvements in aswSP.sys

:O That's mean no more BSoD??? :D :D

Helmo

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
already update, so far so good..btw when the pop up message appear the "more detail" button too big and not really nice

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »
already update, so far so good..btw when the pop up message appear the "more detail" button too big and not really nice

Yes. It's good to have a link to extra info but the size and starkness of the button is aesthetically disproportionate (i.e. too big and too white) to its importance.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25