Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1289 **  (Read 142534 times)

mariajose2

Re: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1289 **
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
Hi,
After the update was loaded in my compute the "freezone.browser" utility took over my PC and won´t let me back to view my desktop, I have to logging as a different user to send this mail.  I have use the takeoff button but it does not work, neither the switch back comand.  Need help!

Thanks in advance.

MJ

Dean.J

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2011, 05:50:03 PM »
Outlook 2007 now slow to check e-mail; Outlook says "preparing to send/receive" and stays there longer than when using Avast 6.0.1203.

Specs:
----------
Win 7 Pro x64 SP1
Outlook 2007 SP2 12.0.6557.5001 (MSO: 12.0.6554.5001)

Avast free 6.0.1289
custom install: everything except Web Rep, gadget, IM filter, P2P filter
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:21:04 PM by Dean.J »

Nesivos

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »
On my x64 W7 machine, I had to uninstall script shield due to no-stop scanning as well as slowing web page loading too. I'm just running the file, web, network and behavior shields along with the auto sandbox.

I'd be very interested in learning more about this problem.
Are you talking about some specific sites (that may be very JavaScript-intensive), or just generally, that browsing "anywhere" somehow feels heavier?

Thanks
Vlk

I have not noticed any performance issues with W7 SP1 x64 4GB RAM even on my Celeron processor computer with Firefox 7.0 Beta 4 used with about 22 extensions including NoScript.  Just saying. :)

ady4um

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2011, 09:28:55 PM »
After the update was loaded in my compute the "freezone.browser" utility took over my PC and won´t let me back to view my desktop, I have to logging as a different user to send this mail.  I have use the takeoff button but it does not work, neither the switch back comand.  Need help!

I think this is something similar to http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84487.0

zfactor

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2011, 05:02:31 AM »
with this newest version it DEF feels much heavier browsing until i check the known broswers only box. otherwise i can for sure feel a different some pages are just so slow to load vs checking that box. i wish things could be left alone lol seems with each update more is added and it seems to feel slower. things i dont need nor want like the credit stuff facebook etc...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:13:53 AM by zfactor »

Dch48

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2011, 05:09:27 AM »
On my x64 W7 machine, I had to uninstall script shield due to no-stop scanning as well as slowing web page loading too. I'm just running the file, web, network and behavior shields along with the auto sandbox.

I'd be very interested in learning more about this problem.
Are you talking about some specific sites (that may be very JavaScript-intensive), or just generally, that browsing "anywhere" somehow feels heavier?

Thanks
Vlk

I have not noticed any performance issues with W7 SP1 x64 4GB RAM even on my Celeron processor computer with Firefox 7.0 Beta 4 used with about 22 extensions including NoScript.  Just saying. :)

Same here, no issues on this machine with Win 7 64, or on the Vista and XP ones.

sw

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2011, 06:03:09 AM »
Got the same problem as mariajose2, but its not long lasting (only once) and it is definitely not reproducible.
This is what happened:
1. Updated to latest version
2. right click win 7 desktop show gadgets
3. unknowingly clicked something on avast gadget
4. Safezone (man, I thought that was paid and I was running on free version, daydreamed it turned free in the latest version)
5. Couldn't get back to desktop or launch the safezone browser
6. Stuck with it until forced reboot.

How did that happen?

Tetsuo

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »

I have not noticed any performance issues with W7 SP1 x64 4GB RAM even on my Celeron processor computer with Firefox 7.0 Beta 4 used with about 22 extensions including NoScript.

Probably you should check performance issues related to the Script Shield with NoScript/Adblock etc turned completely off...

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
@sw, haven't you updated avast from free version to IS version? I mean, two days ago avast started asking some users for free 15-days IS trail, is this your case? You can check it if you open avast UI and there should be "free"/"internet security" in the title (or there's subscription info in Maintenance tab). Thanks.

sw

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »
@sw, haven't you updated avast from free version to IS version? I mean, two days ago avast started asking some users for free 15-days IS trail, is this your case? You can check it if you open avast UI and there should be "free"/"internet security" in the title (or there's subscription info in Maintenance tab). Thanks.

Nope, avast prompted me but I didn't, free is good enough. Then the above happened, but was never reproducible. No more safezone freezes because am not using IS. But still wondering what happened though.

12-es_csaj

« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »

Why did you do this? Why did you started advertising?
Me, and as I know, lots of other users liked that avast! didn't advertise itself - but now, it usually advertises itself... it's annoying.
I tried IS because of the offer and the promise that we can switch back by pressing only one button.
To be honest, I didn't like the IS, so I switched back. Then, I lost my browser's internet access...
I had to uninstall avast! in safe mode and then reinstall it in normal mode.
Strange thing happened: avast! did remember some of the settings I changed (e.g.: ask mode in Behaviour S.). It's not a problem, but I don't understand it.

Nesivos

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
Just a note of good news for the adventuresome.

WebRep is working in Chrome 15.0.874.5 which I understand is the most recent Chrome Beta

Everything else seems to be working in okay in Chrome 15.x Beta (I upgraded to it about 30 minutes ago) except of course for the Real-Time Script Shield :) 8)

zron

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »
 Good Morning ! Just received new update,everything appears too be o.k.except for the fact,when I try to access Safe Zone Browser it doesn't make a connection. Anybody else experiencing difficulty accessing the Safe Zone Browser? Sincerely...Zron

Dch48

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2011, 07:32:15 PM »
Got the same problem as mariajose2, but its not long lasting (only once) and it is definitely not reproducible.
This is what happened:
1. Updated to latest version
2. right click win 7 desktop show gadgets
3. unknowingly clicked something on avast gadget
4. Safezone (man, I thought that was paid and I was running on free version, daydreamed it turned free in the latest version)
5. Couldn't get back to desktop or launch the safezone browser
6. Stuck with it until forced reboot.

How did that happen?
That will teach you about using gadgets  ;D. I think they're the most useless thing in Win 7 and I never use them.

YoKenny

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »
That will teach you about using gadgets  ;D. I think they're the most useless thing in Win 7 and I never use them.
I like the gadgets on my Windows 7 system and I miss them on my XP Pro system.  :'(