Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1289 **  (Read 142537 times)

crt

Re: ** INTRODUCING: New Official Avast Program Update 6.0.1289 **
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »

Something is weird in your system. Any other security program or antivirus that could be interfering?
[/quote]
I tried to repair this, many times installed and uninstalled.I installed Malwarebytes but i turned off its real time protection.I have used various AV programs, but only the Avast is facing safe mode problem.The Avast is good program, but may be i need to use it later.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:10:10 PM by crt »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2011, 04:20:54 PM »
I have used various AV programs
And, probably, one of them was not well uninstalled... :)
The best things in life are free.

12-es_csaj

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2011, 09:34:01 PM »
I don't know if it's a right place to ask, but I don't want to create a new topic for it.
I am looking forward avast! 7. When will the first beta be released? When will the final be released? Maybe in February?
Now, I don't use avast!, I use another vendor's product, because I had some troubles (PC slowed down, Internet slower down very much and some minor problems). But I would like to return to avast! soon, because I got used to it.

NomDeKeyz

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
Hi all,

I'm glad to announce the general availability of a new avast program update, version 6.0.1289.

... ... ...

Note: If you have any problems with this new version, please do NOT post to this thread; start a new topic instead. Ideally one topic per issue.

Thanks
Vlk

Hi! I'm a typically content (and often tickled) avast! user. I am, however, wary of updating due to previous issues with various program updates (only once with avast!, version 5 I think). I usually browse this thread prior to updating to see if any others have issues that I might expect to have due to similar system/programs/set-up. I don't have time to browse the forums beyond this thread for update related issues at this time, but may this weekend. I do look forward to updating soon.

ON the other hand, I appreciate the attempt to organize the thread separate from help given to users. I never thought this was an appropriate thread for extended technical assistance. Single reply posts with answers/suggestions/corrections seem on topic enough tho. Truly, I understand and appreciate the request note by Vlk.

Vlk, I respectfully request that future notes ask for update outcome and relevant details (successful, and noted improvements OR problematic and noted issues), while expressing that ALL HELP for problems should be rendered in a new topic. I appreciate any consideration you would give to my request; I shan't adore you or avast! or these forums any less for denying this request. I know you all have much to consider and manage as it is...

Thanks for making such a great anti-virus program. Always a pleasure. ~Nom @Version 6.0.1203

P.S. Regarding the aesthetics of previously mentioned button... It may be a bit large, but in the end, the functionality matters more to me. If I wanted to have avast! please me aesthetically, I'd go back to avast! 5, lol... mainly because I prefer the former voice. Everything about avast! seems friendlier and more tasteful than any other av program that I have used thus far, not to mention that it seems to work best for me.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:16:52 PM by NomDeKeyz »

gdiloren

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
So far, with full PrevX edition and Immunet and PVFW the current edition of AvastPro is working great. I'm pretty happy with it!!! Good job guys!!! ;)

Harikrishnan

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
Done a removable media scan of my 4gb pen drive. Scan shows amount of data tested 6.5gb.!..how..?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
Done a removable media scan of my 4gb pen drive. Scan shows amount of data tested 6.5gb.!..how..?

Compressed archives/data. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Nesivos

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »
Got Windows 8 x32 Developers Preview up and running on what was previously a dusty Netbook not doing much of anything.

Except for avast! IS all of my Apps and Utility programs appear to be basically working fine except for a couple of minor things.

AIS crashed my the system after W8 said there was a compatibility problem.  Couldn't reboot or do anything but reinstall W8.

It appears that MSFT has made some changes to the kernal that is causing some incompatibility problems with some AV and/or Firewall programs.

Anyway, I replaced Windows Defender with MSE which works just fine with W8 DP.

However, my Netbook is missing AIS. :( :(

Anxiously awaiting AIS 7.0 Beta :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:26 PM »
Well win8 preview builds aren't allowing anti-viruses until it gets to beta stage (mentioned in another topic, according to one of the avast team), so it isn't too surprising that compatibility issues are reported.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2011, 02:11:13 AM »
Well win8 preview builds aren't allowing anti-viruses until it gets to beta stage (mentioned in another topic, according to one of the avast team), so it isn't too surprising that compatibility issues are reported.

Thanks for the info.

I missed that.

MSE is pretty easy to uninstall. :) and WD is pretty easy to disable. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2011, 02:31:33 AM »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
No problem, found the post, see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=81706.msg688513#msg688513.

not yet, because DP 8102 doesn't allow avast component to load itself - they block us, today I'll speak with MS devs here at build conference how we can fix it; unfortunately, you will have to wait for the official win8 beta, because they have to remove blocking from their code

That is not very nice of them ;D.  Joke

Coccinelle

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »
Hello i try to put new topic but i can't!!!

So i put here my problem.
Frend of mine use Avast Home 6.0.1289 on Windows XP SP3
and hi has BSOD somethimes.Non other Av soft ,just Malwarebytes Free for scaning.
The photo is here
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/unledkq.jpg/

...and the minidump fail is here
http://www.kaldata.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=30157

What is the problem?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:28:40 PM by Coccinelle »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 03:19:19 AM »
Please, go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files for analysis.
There is also C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file.
Better if you can add some information about the BSOD and the link for this topic in a readme.txt file, compress (zip) together the readme.txt and the Memory.dmp, rename it with a unique name.
Upload it to this anonymous write-only ftp server location: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/
The best things in life are free.

Coccinelle

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 11:36:05 AM »
Please, go to folder \windows\minidump and send the newest (recent) .mdmp files for analysis.
There is also C:\Windows\Memory.dmp file.
Better if you can add some information about the BSOD and the link for this topic in a readme.txt file, compress (zip) together the readme.txt and the Memory.dmp, rename it with a unique name.
Upload it to this anonymous write-only ftp server location: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/
Ok here is
http://www.kaldata.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=30157
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:46:45 AM by Coccinelle »