Author Topic: forgot avast program password  (Read 4253 times)

nagendranr22

forgot avast program password
« on: September 07, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
Hi,I set a password for the program which i forgot.I did the reinstall thing using avast uninstal utility and still no luck..any working solutions?

ady4um

Re: forgot avast program password
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
You need to run the Clean Uninstall Utility under Windows Safe Mode directly, and skip at all the "Add/Remove programs" step.

nagendranr22

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 05:45:29 PM »
Tried it..still same problem

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
What you need to do is uninstall avast normally through remove programs, if you can remove through all programs then reboot into safe mode and run the avast removal tool then reboot back into normal mode and run Ccleaner including the registry clean and then reinstall avast.

I would normally supply you the link for the uninstall tool but im getting a 404 error page not found when i try to access the direct link  ???
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:28:57 PM by craigb »

ady4um

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
Tried it..still same problem

Please search the forum for recent similar topics. The "solution" for "memory/password problems" was (and still is) to:

1_ Skip the "Add/Remove programs" alltogether, AND

2_ Run the Avast Clean Uninstall Utility http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility under Windows Safe Mode.

3_ Install the latest stable Avast anew (with a new download, avoid previous setup.exe files) under Normal Mode, AND

4_ Reboot immediately after the new install (do NOT keep using the system without rebooting right after Avast installation finishes).

Of course, it is very recommended to have administrative permissions.

This is the same as I wrote before, but more explicitly described.

If you fail to do EXACTLY those steps under those EXACT conditions, you will try and try and try...

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 06:23:01 PM »
Here is the direct link for the uninstaller  http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe

nagendranr22

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
Thanks for the response guys..This is what i did and it worked.

Uninstalled avast using the utility and then deleted the folder C:/Users/All Users/Avast software.

reinstalled and problem gone.:)