Author Topic: Trouble with SafeZone Browser  (Read 2187 times)

Rurounibenny

Trouble with SafeZone Browser
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
I don't know if this is even the correct forum, so if it's not, of course feel free to move it.

I'm more or less a technological reject, so bear with with me.

I got SafeZone this afternoon, and when I started it up, the screen from Figure V. A from https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=712&nav=0,613 shows up, but without any icon in the top-left corner; not only that, but when I click on the Avast icon (which appears where the Start menu would normally be), I am unable to open SafeZone from there either; so, I can't actually even open the SafeZone browser. I tried to hit the "Switch Back" icon, but doing so merely causes the screen to fade out and then back in, essentially doing nothing (or so it appears to the eyes of a technological reject).

Basically, all that I can seem to do is access the Task Manager (btw, it was from here that I launched Firefox, and thus reached all of you).

I would be eternally grateful for any assistance/advice/(common sense, if I've missed something obvious).

Thank you in advance.

Offline Cast

Re: Trouble with SafeZone Browser
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:50:36 AM »
You can try and got to Additional Proctection > Safe Zone and at the bottom reset its contents.

If that doesnt work, you can try a repair of avast though windows add/remove.