Author Topic: pc won't restart after updating to 6.0.1289  (Read 8354 times)

ady4um

Re: pc won't restart after updating to 6.0.1289
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 11:18:14 PM »
To clear any old remnants that could be leading to the BSOD, you might want to use Avast Clear Uninstall Utility under Windows Safe Mode, from http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility, and then reinstall the latest 6.0.1289 under Normal Mode.

I uninstalled Avast with this utility,
I hope you did it under Windows Safe Mode.
then reinstall the latest version, and the problem is still here (BSOD during boot). I've done the same with the previous version of Avast (6.0.1203), and I have no problem to boot.

Any chance you can get some memory dump files of those BSOD? Do you need any instructions to find them in your system, compress them and upload them to the Avast upload ftp site?

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »
I uninstalled Avast with this utility, then reinstall the latest version, and the problem is still here (BSOD during boot). I've done the same with the pervious version of Avast (6.0.1203), and I have no problem to boot.

Please read:
How to invoke memory dump creation?
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=71

Mac the Knife

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »
I think from the responses that I will stick to version 6.0.1203 until someone manages to sort the problem out. I've checked windows memory dump and have 6 items in there, the last one being from 2007. The only thing I have different on my system for this update that I didn't have before is Malwarebytes, but this doesn't run until I execute the program (as far as I'm aware). The only other thing that I think I did was, after the update, to click the option on avast for it to reboot straight away. I normally leave it until next time I start the PC. Will keep checking back on the site to see if anyone comes up with any reasons for the problems, but won't bother to uninstall and reinstall as it doesn't appear to have worked for a number of people.