Author Topic: Managed Clients not showing as installed in ADNM  (Read 13757 times)

garry6882

Managed Clients not showing as installed in ADNM
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:02:05 PM »
About half of my installs when remotely installed do not show as having the client software in ADNM.  They all show on the client as being managed and up to date but ADNM doesn't recognize them.  Is there any way to have ADNM go out and scan the workstations and update it's list.  I cannot manage these installs without it.

Thanks.

Jan Nabelek

Re: Managed Clients not showing as installed in ADNM
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
About half of my installs when remotely installed do not show as having the client software in ADNM.
Which way was that clients installed? Via ADNM task, or via group policy, or manually? See setup\setup.log on clients, if any errors occurred.

Quote from: garry6882
They all show on the client as being managed and up to date but ADNM doesn't recognize them.
See Data\Avast4.ini file, ServerAddress item in [Communication] section. Are there the right IP of AMS server? Did you changed AMS some days or weeks ago?

garry6882

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »
The were deployed via the ADNM console.  I don't know where the communication section is, but I did just notice something odd.  Under management servers, it lists "server" with no address information and that is not the name of our server.  I don't seem to be able to add the correct management server. 

I don't see any errors in the AMS log for the computers.  They seem to have completed.  Any ideas.  Thanks for the reply.

IgorRM

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »
Same problem. Installed successfuly (according log) but not visible and can not be managed
All installed via ADMN. Statistics:

Success
MS Windows 7 PRO w\o SP   x(86)   3 visible & managed  from 3 installed

Unsuccess
MS Windows PRO XP SP3   x(86)
MS Windows XP SP3   x(64)   
MS Windows 7 PRO   x(64)   
MS Windows 7 PRO SP1    x(86)   
MS Windows 7 PRO SP1    x(64)

scoenye

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:29:34 PM »
"server" is the master management server. ADNM does not show any other information for that host. If you have secondary servers, those would show up with name and IP info.

The "communication section" is in a text file on each client. Exact location depends on how the installation package was set up, but is most likely C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA

Have the problem clients been rebooted after the deployment task has run?

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
The "communication section" is in a text file on each client. Exact location depends on how the installation package was set up, but is most likely C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA
Sorry I suppose, that such basic info is not necessary to write here... :-)
example of first three rows my client file C:\Program Files\Avast4\DATA\avast4.ini
[Communication]
ServerAddress=192.168.1.111
ClientsListenPortAddress=16111

So it is clear,  that personal firewall (Windows fw or third party fw) on clients must have a hole for port 16111 as is written in ADNM manual. You can use Group policy in Windows domain (if any) and set program exceptions for aswServ.exe and AvAgent.exe.

In the same directory is also computer.ini file, with unique GUID assigned with your computer name. When computer is cloned, not deployed via deployment task, here should be problem in communication with AMS server. But not your problem, when you deployed from as task in ADNM console (I preferred such way)