Author Topic: Cannot exit Safe Zone using Switch Back  (Read 39835 times)

william.wirthtorres

Re: Cannot exit Safe Zone using Switch Back
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 02:40:42 AM »
Thank you all for the feedback.

To clarify my original post "Restarting in Safe Mode" doesn't help.  Even in Safe Mode, when logging on with my account, SafeZone is starting up.  Yes, I am positive I am in Safe Mode because for the brief second before SafeZone starts up
  • I can see "Safe Mode" displayed in each of the four corners of the monitor, and
  • my resolution changes to 800x600

Solution
After trying a number of approaches, I was finally able to fix the problem as follows:

• Rebooted into SafeMode BUT logged on with a non-admin accountVista calls them Standard User Accounts.
    • The only account with administrator privileges is the one with the problem, and the built-in Administrator account is disabled.
  • Uninstalled Avast from Control Panel > Programs
  • Rebooted as normal
  • Logged onto the account with administrator privileges and the problem was gone
  • Enabled the built-in Administrator account
  • Logged off my account
  • Logged on with the built-in Administrator account
  • Reinstalled Avast.
  • Logged off the built-in Administrator account
  • Logged on my account
  • Disabled the built-in Administrator account.
  • Rebooted entire system.  The problem didn't return

nipun kumari

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:34 PM »
m also getting same trouble safe zone browser!!!
i donn hav any other user account so that i could remove this software..
plz help me out... nothng else is coming coming on my desktop...

snake741

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
You all are going to want to shoot yourselves in the faces, after you read how this problem can be resolved...
You CAN enter the task manager, at least on lose7, I dont know vista really... All you have to do is to press ctrl + alt + supr and hold the keys there until an options screen pops up... there you have to press the close session button and enter again after that... Maybe the safezone desktop turns on again, but now the red close button work.

snake

dognosh

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »
One person with similar problems solved it by removing the TRIAL version and installing the FREE version , hope this helps someone

jhayR09

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »
There A Easy Way To Get Rid Of that Pop Up SafeZone In Avast In your Browser.!
1; Open Your Browser Click Tools
2: Click Add-ons
3. DisAble Avast Prep Add-ons
4. Remove Your Browser
5. Download Latest Features of your Browser

That Alls

JazzAzz

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »
Here it is Jul 2 2012, and most of these posts I see are back in Sept 2011, and I am being BUGGED by this FREAKIN SAFE ZONE taking over my screen like crazy this morning, have been seeing it occasionally  these past few days. Clicking on TURNING IT OFF, just works temporarily (Just hit AGAIN TWICE MORE). I will probably be DUMPING Avast for AVG, or MSE later this morning, when I have more time. This is a bunch of garbage. Why can't the MORON Avast programmers just leave WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!!!!!!

guitarbrian

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »
Safezone keeps popping up on me all morning as well. It will just randomly pop up and take over my screen. I've never had this problem before and have always been satisfied with Avast, but what happened to make this suddenly start happening and how can I stop it?

Offline TerraX

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 05:46:42 PM »
Safezone keeps popping up on me all morning as well. It will just randomly pop up and take over my screen. I've never had this problem before and have always been satisfied with Avast, but what happened to make this suddenly start happening and how can I stop it?
Hi,

helpful? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=100276.msg800961#msg800961
Win10 64bit / Avast Premium Security / MBAM Free / Firefox ESR [NS/uBO] / Thunderbird / AOS/ASB

Redfeather54

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
I have Windows8 and used it one time. I could not exit either. I deleted the icon and never ill use it again. It had great potential till I found out I could not get out of the program. It was an oversight of theirs not to have installed a button to close out the program for us.  When they get things fixed maybe I will try it again. But as it stands-now way!