Author Topic: Reasons why I chose Avast 6 over other antivirus products  (Read 3126 times)

Somethngcreative

Reasons why I chose Avast 6 over other antivirus products
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:07:36 AM »
Hello,

Here are are few reasons why I chose Avast over other antivirus softwares such as Norton, Bitdefender and Mcafee. I share this not to get compliments, but because I was hoping that in the next update these same features will be implemented or better yet improved on. I will list the reasons in order, number 1 being the most the important.

(1) It does not slow down my PC! Unlike other av softwares such as Mcafee, Norton and specially bitdenfender are notorious for slowing down computers. I have tried all 3 and the complaints were all valid. However, with Avast I have not noticed any type of slowdown at all.

(2) It offers great protection! I have used other antivirus products in the past and all have given me a virus. The worse was Mcafee, the 3 laptops I had it installed on all received viruses. However, while using the trial version of Avast Internet Security I did not catch a single virus.

(3) It works well with my Malwarebytes Pro! This might be overkill but I like to keep my pc as safe as possible and I was looking for an antivirus that would work well with Mbam pro and avast does that. I tried bitdefender but it was making me delete Malwarebytes pro before I even installed it... wtf right?   ???

(4) I love the safezone and webrep features! I know most antivirus have these but somehow I feel safer using them on avast.

What are your reasons for choosing avast? Feel free to share ;)

ImWarm

Re: Reasons why I chose Avast 6 over other antivirus products
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
(4) I love the safezone and webrep features! I know most antivirus have these but somehow I feel safer using them on avast.

I don't think that other antiviruses have features similar to Safezone... I believe it's unique to avast. :)