Author Topic: Avast 6.0.1289 scriptshield is not scanning using sandboxie web browsing  (Read 2948 times)

Offline -Genesis-

Script Shield only scans without sandbox.

Latest version of FF6.02

Latest version of Sandboxie 3.58

It only scan if using direct to firefox without virtualization of sandboxie.

Guys try it.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast 6.0.1289 scriptshield is not scanning using sandboxie web browsing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:16:05 PM »
I would kinda expect this behavior... the browser is sandboxed, so the ScriptShield can't access it in the usual way.
But I don't think it's a big problem... after all, the browser is sandboxed, so you should be safe anyway.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:25:44 PM »
I would kinda expect this behavior... the browser is sandboxed, so the ScriptShield can't access it in the usual way.
But I don't think it's a big problem... after all, the browser is sandboxed, so you should be safe anyway.

Sir, tnx for the reply.

I want to clear my post.

It is run in sandbox but uses Firefox 6.02.

Avast webshield and Network shield can scan even in virtualization of sandboxie.

As i repeat only script shield is not scanning.
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »
Yes, I know, but it's different.
The network traffic is going out of the sandbox to the real system (and then further out, on the network) - which is where it's scanned by the WebShield or NetworkShield. The scripts, however, are fully contained inside the sandbox, they don't "get out of it" (which is good for sure) - so avast! doesn't see them.

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 05:19:34 PM »
Yes, I know, but it's different.
The network traffic is going out of the sandbox to the real system (and then further out, on the network) - which is where it's scanned by the WebShield or NetworkShield. The scripts, however, are fully contained inside the sandbox, they don't "get out of it" (which is good for sure) - so avast! doesn't see them.

Thanks for the explanation.