Author Topic: Hello (suggestion)  (Read 1770 times)

vlad tepes

Hello (suggestion)
« on: September 11, 2011, 03:59:34 PM »
Can you please add an option in installation to be able to choose not to install web reputation plugin and gadget, tnx.

greetings from Croatia, keep up the good work! :D

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Hello (suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forums. As to your inquiry it's there. Without knowing your OS I will try.
XP...Control Panel...add/remove...double click "avast"...click "change"...click "next"...select or uncheck what you don't want.

Vista and Win7...Control Panel...uninstall...double click "avast"...click "change"...click "next"...select or uncheck what you don't want. Either way don't forget to re-boot.  

During installation choose "custom install".

Greetings from the USA.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

vlad tepes

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »
tnx for the help but that wasn't my idea :D

i thought if you could implement that option in installer itself you that you can choose not to install it in the first place...

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
As far as I know, those options have been there (in the installer) since these features were introduced (but you have to choose a custom install, of course).

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »
As far as I know, those options have been there (in the installer) since these features were introduced (but you have to choose a custom install, of course).
Like I said.

During installation choose "custom install".
No need to make it difficult. 
Thanks Igor.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.