Author Topic: Firewalls  (Read 8567 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Firewalls
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »

I recently tried OA and it's beta.

We have been over this before and others have confirmed that Zone Alarm has created conflicts with avast. As far as OA Free goes my version is "not" beta and I have no problems at all.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

phoenix1

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 08:28:42 AM »
I'm thinking of giving the Comodo firewall a try...should I use the regular firewall or the Defense+ one? I know I won't be using the Sandbox part, so is okay to use just the basic firewall?

Thanks for your advise  ;D

gdiloren

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
I'm thinking of giving the Comodo firewall a try...should I use the regular firewall or the Defense+ one? I know I won't be using the Sandbox part, so is okay to use just the basic firewall?

Thanks for your advise  ;D
You'd be better off with Private Firewall (the one with a policeman). I'm using it without a problem from more than a month, I mean after the learning period which is swift, there should be no problem. 8)
It only gives some pop-ups for my Microsoft Word Office Starter and Excel located on my Q drive (restricted and protected drive) but it's ok not to remember a rule from a non-authorized and restricted drive. Tried Comodo only FW and had to uninstall because of interference with programs. :(
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:38:33 PM by gdiloren »

phoenix1

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »
I got the Comodo firewall in with no problems  ;D  Just a question about the Stealth settings...which one is best or should I just leave it alone?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:26:33 PM by phoenix1 »

SHARKY7SHARKY

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »
Click on stealth all ports

phoenix1

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »
Thanks!