Author Topic: Login.php  (Read 5043 times)

Galifrey

Login.php
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:37:46 PM »
I was having trouble on a mac with login.php files. I discovered that by disabling webshield I could then log into the website with the php script. This recently changed, as I used to be able to connect to these pages with the webshield running, probably within the last day or two.

Offline mity

• Avast team
Re: Login.php
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »
Hello Galifrey,

thanks for the report. However we cannot help you unless you are more specific.

• What is the exact version of avast! you are using? You can find the version in the main GUI application on the Status page.
  • Does avast! say the page is infected? If yes, cannot the page really be infected? Or it just "does not work", e.g. if browser cannot connect or whatever. If so describe how it behaves.
  • Is it on an intranet or Internet? If Internet, can you provide the URL so we can check?
  • Does the problem occur when the login.php is loaded, or when you send your credentials after filling up the login form so the issue occurs when processing those credentials?
  • Is it your script and your website? What exactly in the script fails?

Best regards
Mity

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:37:53 PM »
I was having trouble on a mac with login.php files. I discovered that by disabling webshield I could then log into the website with the php script. This recently changed, as I used to be able to connect to these pages with the webshield running, probably within the last day or two.

Hallo, just turn the webshield off, then log in, and save the whole web-page to some file. Then, try to scan this file using avast. There's some probability of infection in the html code text, so just check it.
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Galifrey

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 03:29:36 PM »
I am using the 30664 I believe this is the most recent beta release of Avast!

What actually happens is when you click on the page Firefox want to save the login.php file as an empty text file. On Chrome I get an error message, and Safari is just blank. I'm not at the computer right now so I cannot give specific error messages. The site is a private work site so I cannot give that either.

I have downloaded the file but I did not see any indication of a virus, as the text file is empty. I can get around this just by turning off the webshield. This may be an isolated bad coding of a website, I just think it's odd as the website has not changed, and I just recently started seeing this error. I even tried it on a Windows 7 box running Avast! and there was no issues. Both my Macs running Avast! exhibit the same behavior.