Author Topic: Are settings made manually overwritten by SBC console group settings?  (Read 3696 times)

Offline 1tb

Q1. If I manually add exclusions on a BPP client, will those setting be overwritten by settings in the SBC console group?

Q2. Since there is no way to control Firewall/allowed ports or trusted process settings from the Console, if I manually add Firewall/allowed ports or trusted process on a BPP client, will those settings be deleted by SBS Console?

Q3. If the answer to Q2 is yes- custom settings (not exposed in console) are overwritten by SBC , then how can we customize specific clients? We have found that moving computer to the Unmanaged group in SBC means they instantly lose their license activation, therefore how is it possible to manually manage BPP clients and abandon the console if we have a paid subscription?

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Are settings made manually overwritten by SBC console group settings?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:26:08 AM »
Q1. If I manually add exclusions on a BPP client, will those setting be overwritten by settings in the SBC console group? Yes, if you don't want this you can put the password for protection

Q2. Since there is no way to control Firewall/allowed ports or trusted process settings from the Console, if I manually add Firewall/allowed ports or trusted process on a BPP client, will those settings be deleted by SBS Console? Theorically No, I've not the BPP, but if I modify on client one or more settings, that settings don't change

Q3. If the answer to Q2 is yes- custom settings (not exposed in console) are overwritten by SBC , then how can we customize specific clients? We have found that moving computer to the Unmanaged group in SBC means they instantly lose their license activation, therefore how is it possible to manually manage BPP clients and abandon the console if we have a paid subscription?
You can also insert the license in the supscription page of this clients unmanaged.. :)
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52