Author Topic: Registering and Beta versions  (Read 3425 times)

galen

Registering and Beta versions
« on: November 03, 2004, 05:16:02 PM »
I'm using the latest Beta with a Home Licence. If I pay to register the Pro version so I can get the extra features (command line operation particularly)
will I still be able to use the 4.5 Beta version - or shouild I wait until the "official" 4.5 is released.? I'm not sure how the upgrade process goes - but since I haven't got ashcmd.exe on my drive, for example, I guess it's more than just a licence key change - so I was wondering if the Pro version was only available as an official release?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Registering and Beta versions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:20:52 PM »
Sure, no problem. Just get the Pro License and enter it in Avast. Avast will take it from there. Real easy.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 05:21:42 PM »
The license should work without any problems both for Home and Pro version (I mean, also for the beta).
If you enter the Pro licence key, the missing files (against Home version) will be downloaded and installed.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 08:12:05 PM »
I'm not sure how the upgrade process goes - but since I haven't got ashcmd.exe on my drive, for example, I guess it's more than just a licence key change - so I was wondering if the Pro version was only available as an official release?

The update (or upgrade) process is automatic. Just change the Registration key with 4.1 Home and you will upgrate to 4.1 Pro (next days you'll receive 4.5 official release) or if you have 4.5 Home Beta you will update to 4.5 Pro Beta just changing the number  ;)
The best things in life are free.

galen

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:22:25 PM »
Thanks - I'll go and register now.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 02:26:26 PM »
Welcome to the Pro users group :D

galen

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 05:22:54 PM »
Welcome to the Pro users group :D

Thanks. It's all up and running, I even finally got PKZIP to call Avast automatically (took a while to realise that it would only work if I passed no command parameters at all, mind you).

Bob