Author Topic: What to Buy  (Read 6247 times)

LewisK

What to Buy
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
Hi,

I have a MAC and a windows seven, is the Mac+PC bundle 2 licenses, or is it just compatible with both?

i.e can i buy it once and use it on both computers.

Also what is the Pc version included?

referring to this http://www.avast.com/mac-edition

LewisK

Re: What to Buy
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
anyone wanna reply?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Mr.Agent

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:07:52 PM »
If you want good solution for your Mac and PC now (ONLY FOR HOME) try the avast! 6 Free and the avast! Free for Mac (BETA for now so beware when you use it there might be bugs).

LewisK

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »
If you want good solution for your Mac and PC now (ONLY FOR HOME) try the avast! 6 Free and the avast! Free for Mac (BETA for now so beware when you use it there might be bugs).

i need internet sec

bilbo--baggins

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »
I hardly ever use Windows (thankfully!) but my impression was that it's so vulnerable that you need complete protection including personal firewall.  Surely it would make more sense for the Mac + PC version to include antivirus for Mac and Internet Security for Windows?  Presumably the best way around this for now (and my plan when my Internet Security trial ends) is to buy Internet Security for Windows and then run the Avast! free Antivirus for Mac beta while waiting for release.

I''ve just installed the trial version of Avast! for Mac on one Lion computer, and the Avast! free Antivirus for Mac beta on another Lion computer (to compare and see whether either runs reliably).