Author Topic: Web Shield Log?  (Read 1752 times)

ellentk1

Web Shield Log?
« on: September 15, 2011, 02:40:30 AM »
The Web Shield in Avast Free v. 6 blocked a malicious website but didn't tell me which one. The popup just named the trojan.  The Shield Log in the program didn't even record the event.  Nothing was listed in it.  Looking at individual logs in wordpad also turned up nothing and I didn't see a log file that looked like it was the web shield log.

I would like to find out which web page was blocked.  Any way to do that?

Thanks for any help.

Ellen

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Web Shield Log?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
If you look at the avastUI, Real-Time Shields, Web Shield and the Shield info, Last Page Infected: field should give that if you haven't rebooted since then ?

Use notepad to check the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report\WebShield.txt (XP) or C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\WebShield.txt (Vista, Win7) file. This may well be a hidden area so you would need to change the windows explorer, tools, folder options, Show hidden files and folders setting.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security