Author Topic: Free version expire & upgrade  (Read 3071 times)

Spectacle

Free version expire & upgrade
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »
I have been using Avast Free which I like so far. Alert popup now warns me that Avast Free will expire soon, so I attempted to purchase the product, with 2 year ‘Extra Savings’ offer.

Secure Page with non-secure items opens. I entered credit card info. There’s no hot buttons for Avast Internet Security to ‘Add to Cart’. There’s a quantity button set at ‘1’, which is correct: one 2 year subscription. There’s no simple hot button to ‘Add to Cart’ for the Antivirus Security System, none for Robo-Form Password Manager, and none for Avast Rescue Disc to add to cart. Any other purchase page I’ve ever seen has  buttons to choose, ‘Buy Now’ or somesuch, not Avast.

If I click on any of those items I’m redirected to a page that says my Shopping Cart is empty, no way to add items to cart. There’s a place to choose Payment Options like Money Order, Wire Transfer or PayPal. I won’t use PayPal because they ripped me for $200+ with their phony ‘CreditReport.com’ scam. Is PayPal the only option?

There’s almost zero information offered on the purchase page for what the offered components actually are, plus I cannot purchase any from the screwball ordering site.

Looks like I’ll stay with the Free version.....

Jaypee

Re: Free version expire & upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:44:50 PM »
Hi, we've been using Avast for the past year. Renewal was due on August 29. I tried to renew on three occasions with three valid credit cards yesterday. No luck! I sent an enquiry email. I was first told that my order was held by their accounts department for review. Next I received an email informing me that my renewal order could not be accepted, unless I tried again with a non-credit payment method. A first for me! And no explanation given whatsoever. Insulting, really. So this is the end of Avast for us... They're obviously having issues with their payment system. It all seems pretty unsafe and inefficient to me. No such issues with McAfee and Prevx purchases on the same day... 

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

lissuz

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 03:19:55 AM »
 ???

Boy oh Boy have I been PLAYED! I too fell for the "upgrade" notice. Paid for it then about a week later noticed that I had NOT upgraded and was still using the free version of Avast! As if that wasn't enough, I called a tech named Deepak today. By the time he took over my computer via remote access he had found over 1000 errors that needed to be fixed! Catch was? THEY were going to CHARGE ME to FIX the Errors by the upgraded version that I had PAID FOR! UNBELIEVABLE!  Then he started using the pressure lingo like "well, if you don't care about your computer then, ok, that's too bad"

I was LIVID and WILL be calling a supervisor back IF there even IS one! AND calling Better Business Bureau AND Bank of America to get a refund and an investigation going!  Lets stick together folks! This kind of blatant FRAUD simply CANNOT be allowed!

Lisa

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:15:40 AM »
I assume this was iYogi support that you phoned ?

If so - Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security