Author Topic: About Avast's anti-spyware scanning...  (Read 1582 times)

Justpassingthrough

About Avast's anti-spyware scanning...
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:27:28 AM »
...I'm rather in the dark about this, so perhaps someone can clarify?

I took a good look at the Avast website, and the various FAQ's, and I can see it removes/scans for anti-rootkits. But there's no mention of what else it scans for in the anti-spyware line. Does it cover all the usual spyware a typical anti-spyware program would look for, for example (such as say SuperAntiSpyware/MBAM and so on?)

I'd really appreciate knowing just what Avast does/doesn't cover in the spyware line, both in regards to protecting against shield wise, as well as actively scanning for during a scan of the hard drive etc. Because of conflicts, I had to remove an excellent free real time anti-spyware program (one of the rare few that are, that's free!) and want to make sure that Avast actively scans for, and protects again, the same sort of anti-spyware. All help will be gratefully appreciated! :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: About Avast's anti-spyware scanning...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »
Avast is a full antivirus and spyware scanner so it covers both but it is also good to keep yourself a secondary backup plan which malwarebytes does best, you can run the free or paid versions of malwarebytes with all versions of avast free and paid.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: About Avast's anti-spyware scanning...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »
avast is a full antimalware solution (virus, rootkits, adwares, spywares, etc.).
The best things in life are free.