Author Topic: How to use the command-line to shutdown Avast protection until next reboot ?  (Read 6408 times)

Offline tlee

Hello,

Does anyone know how to use command-line to stop Avast protection temporarily until next boot ?

Since, i want to use the scripts language to do automation in Win7 such as Local Disk Defragment.

Thanks !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I don't think it can be such a command as the malware could do the same ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Absolutely, no way they are going to have something like that too easy to mis-use and leave a user unprotected.

@ tlee
What is wrong with running your local disk defrag with avast running, I don't disable avast when using either the windows defrag or Puran Defrag. Why not use puran defrag and you can defrag on boot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline tlee

Thanks!

Does it no critical side-effect while turning on Avast protection in defragment progress?

Since, i want to write the script for stop un-used process, execute windows defragmen and important data backup after off-duty every day and let the PC shutdown itself automatically.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I haven't turned off avast for defragging in all of the time and avast versions (and different defrag tools) that I have had in over 7 years without problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
I'm still trying to understand why anyone would want to turn off avast to do maintenance on their pc.  ???

As with the others I never do nor have I foreseen any reason to do so. If you feel the need you can right click on the tray icon to disable the resident shields. But...why?  ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Dch48

The only reason I could see to shut down Avast while defragging is to minimally speed up the defrag. I doubt if you would notice the difference though. I always leave it on.

FigVam

Hello,

Does anyone know how to use command-line to stop Avast protection temporarily until next boot ?

Since, i want to use the scripts language to do automation in Win7 such as Local Disk Defragment.

Thanks !
If it were so simple, guess what virus-makers would do?  ;)  

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Does it no critical side-effect while turning on Avast protection in defragment progress?

No.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0