Author Topic: NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM shuts me down  (Read 9850 times)

daverehnstrom

NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM shuts me down
« on: August 12, 2003, 02:21:50 AM »
Help!
I have something on my system that randomly pops up and says something like "shutting down your system. Save all files and close all programs." Then a countdown 60 secs and shutdown. It actually shut me down as I was regitering avast and then I now also saw in the logfile under info that the setiface.dll, a file in the avast folder had been updated and I have the feeling the update occurred after starting up after a shutdown from the trojn, virus or whatever it is. Does the setiface.dll belong to avast or is that aproblem file? Can someone pls tell me what the hell is going on here?
Thank a bunch
DAve

ThomASS

Re:NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM shuts me down
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 03:09:28 AM »
I have this same problem , it just started today. I dont know where i got it from but i dont like it. It only lets me on the computer for a couple of minutes and then the same screen comes up that u were talking about. Somebody help. Nortan Antivirus said it was called W32.Blaster.Worm

mickyblue13

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 01:36:10 AM »
i too have the same symptoms,using norton antivirus 2003,it says the problem is a virus called BACKDOOR.SDBOT and i cant get rid of it any help

daniel

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 01:49:01 AM »
i once had that problem-but my cable operator toll me to get another program than norton because it interfier with port 80 i dont know but  i got another program and no problem..since ::)

whocares

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 02:47:51 AM »
i too have the same symptoms,using norton antivirus 2003,it says the problem is a virus called BACKDOOR.SDBOT and i cant get rid of it any help

Hi Micky,

-look in your other thread
- look up your Virusname at www.symantec.com ; there you'll find detailed removal procedures

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 08:29:46 AM »
whocare wrote:
Info/Removal for Blaster:
Nice list, but it is a pity you have forgot on important source - THIS WEB  ;) :

Info: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1372.html
Removal: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_171.html

Pavel

dcliff

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 11:37:12 AM »
is the LoveSan variant covered by avast (teekids.exe) ?
http://www.kasperskylabs.com/news.html?id=985370
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 11:37:57 AM by dcliff »

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 11:39:26 AM »
is the LoveSan variant covered by avast (teekids.exe) ?
Yes - yestarday's special update (0307-09) covers two new Blaster variants: B and C...

whocares

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 01:10:46 PM »
THIS WEB  ;) :

Sorry, Pavel, next time..
this was just a copy and paste job.

;)