Author Topic: Avast home not detect Advare.Tracking Cookies  (Read 4835 times)

Defence

Avast home not detect Advare.Tracking Cookies
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
Hi, ı use avast home the last version, today ı scan my pc full scan, avast not detecet anything, ı have superantispyware free, ı try full scan with superantispyware and detecet 365 Advare.Tracking Cookies, why avast not detect?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast home not detect Advare.Tracking Cookies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
Because tracking cookies aren't regarded as dangerous, Ccleaner will remove all cookies if needed.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 07:38:03 PM »
Cookies are tiny text files on your computer and are not executable. Therefore pose no hazard. You can do as CraigB suggested and let CCleaner deal with them or let Super Anti-Spyware do it.  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracking_cookies
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
Hi, ı use avast home the last version, today ı scan my pc full scan, avast not detecet anything, ı have superantispyware free, ı try full scan with superantispyware and detecet 365 Advare.Tracking Cookies, why avast not detect?

Because it doesn't even look for them.

- The main issue with cookies are third party cookies, those that aren't for a site that you are viewing, they can track your browser usage and activity for that site other site (shopping, etc.). Depending on your browser (?) you should be able to block third party cookies, you can also set your browser to clear your cookies when you close it.

Since I use Firefox 6.x, I also have the cookie monster add-on and by default that only allows session cookies; they are only valid for the time you have your browser is running. The cookie monster add-on also allows you to accept cookies (normal time limited ones) for a site, like forum.avast.com as cookies are used so you don't have to logon all the time, etc.

All of the above helps remove the need for you to manually manage cookies.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
Because tracking cookies aren't regarded as dangerous, Ccleaner will remove all cookies if needed.

SlimCleaner is a viable alternative to CCleaner

Ccleaner VS SlimCleaner

Advantages of SlimCleaner over Ccleaner:

1)      SlimCleaner is included with a special feature called Optimization.

2)      Easier to use interface

3)      SlimCleaner is organized well compared to Ccleaner.

4)      SlimCleaner is included with Uninstaller, Hijack Log, Windows Tools and Shedder features.

Advantages of Ccleaner over SlimCleaner:

Ccleaner includes additional feature called Drive wiper. Some invisible files will remain when we format or delete files from disc; Drive Wiper removes all such files and free space. This feature is unavailable in SlimCleaner.
    Ccleaner is available in multiple languages.

I hope this article will help you to choose better software. I feel both the software have equal advantages and disadvantages.

complete article on link

http://www.technoon.com/ccleaner-vs-slimcleaner.html

Defence

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:16 AM »
Ok, thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 02:58:27 AM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security