Author Topic: Files cannot be scanned. What do I do?  (Read 3046 times)

tanya

Files cannot be scanned. What do I do?
« on: November 09, 2004, 12:30:04 PM »
Lavasoft-files cannot be scanned, Lavasoft is the company that distributes my adaware spyware remover. What happens if i delete these files manually from the action that popup after scan? Will my adaware be inactive?
I also have zonealarm. Something called svchost wants to accept connections from the internet but i deny because i don't know what it is. Is it avast's software and secure to accept?

Do i need to give serverrights to the avast program for it to run at best at all time? Or do i only give it right to access the internet?

Thanks for a great software

peterfu

Re:Files cannot be scanned. What do I do?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 01:33:48 PM »
Hi Tanja,
Lavasoft Files which can not be scanned are Password protected - please don't delete them !!!

About svchost from the ZoneAlarm Webpages :
Few programs or processes actually require server permission in order to function
properly. Some processes, however, are used by Microsoft Windows to carry out
legitimate functions. Some of the more common ones you may see in alerts are:
�� lsass.exe
�� spoolsv.exe
�� svchost.exe
�� services.exe
�� winlogon.exe

So, svchost needs access to the internet

I Personally do not have given server rights for avast! and it runs perfectly.

br
Peter

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Files cannot be scanned. What do I do?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:34:58 PM »
Lavasoft-files cannot be scanned, Lavasoft is the company that distributes my adaware spyware remover. What happens if i delete these files manually from the action that popup after scan? Will my adaware be inactive?

Do not delete that files. Ad-aware won't work properly.
Don't worry, files are password protected, not infected.
Into avast settings, you could add that particular folder to be excluded from scanning.

I also have zonealarm. Something called svchost wants to accept connections from the internet but i deny because i don't know what it is. Is it avast's software and secure to accept?

svchost are Windows services, generally not avast related.
Of course, avast is secure and need to connect to be updated.

Do i need to give serverrights to the avast program for it to run at best at all time? Or do i only give it right to access the internet?

Only to connect the Internet is necessary. No server rights are necessary.
The best things in life are free.