Author Topic: Improvements for avast  (Read 1486 times)

kevbeck

Improvements for avast
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:41:10 AM »
[avast internet security] It would be a good idea to have a in depth file review feature kind of like norton internet security. This feature lets you view programs installed on your computer and designates a level of trust and permissions. A technology like Norton's sonar protection would be nice. That way if your computer actually got infected with malware, avast would still recognize that a certain program/file is acting suspicious or using a lot of resources. This would make avast a first pick for me (protection beyond infection). It would also be a good idea for avast to have the ability to scan for tracking cookies and rid of the files. Cookies are not malicious but can certainly help an attack unintentionally. It would be great to have avast auto scan a usb device once connected to a system. A virtual on screen keyboard would be nice (for use in OS UI). It is also a must that avast expands the information and options for firewall/shield features. For an example it is vital that a user is able to see detailed information about an event such as a new firewall rule, events, and web history scanning. I would like to be able to see what file was effected or altered, if something was blocked, i would like to see what program was used,  time, date, etc.. And it would be better to view more detailed info instead of just a graph. A graph tells me little to nothing about scanned, infected files. I would like to see a description or explanation about the allowed connection in the application rule section in the avast UI. Basically, avast should be more interactive and in depth friendly. The closer a user feels connected to their security software, the more they will want to use it. Oh, and in safezone browsing mode, it would be great to implement some type of virtual safezone apps such as a textpad and let the user save these files to some sort of virtual area in the safezone environment. I would be willing to pay $70 for a 1yr/2yr protection if avast included these features.I think these features are a must. BTW, boot time scan and sandbox features are awesome! Good job Alwil/Avast keep up the improvement. Please make me a happy consumer and implement these features.. I'll stay optimistic!  :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:45:15 AM by kevbeck »