Author Topic: Still having problems  (Read 4828 times)

High_Treason

Re: Still having problems
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »
My system is up to date, as I stated in an earlier thread when I first ran into problems, my systems do run on a domain and I believe this could be part of the problem.

My Windows is legit and I only ever use the full format, quick formatting is just a way of opening yourself up for all kinds of problems... In fact I still low-level format when I feel it is needed, not many people do that anymore.

JRM75

Re: Still having problems
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
funny thing is i ran into this same problem as you but with only version 5, though i don't remember which build specifically. When a build works for me I usually set Avast to never download program updates, I turn off program update notices, and password protect the the update section.

Have you tried Installing Avast! in safemode DSREPAIR under a new Administrator account set as a member of a Workgroup? Worked for me in these settings.

If not, have you tried renaming the system OS name version to XP Home Edition in the registry, to temporarily make Avast! assume it's not a server at all? Also, you must immediately undo this in the registry to avoid app. & system update conflicts.