Author Topic: Outlook 2003 Deleted Inbox E-Mails!!!!!  (Read 18866 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Outlook 2003 Deleted Inbox E-Mails!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 09:21:54 PM »
Quote by superscrewup:
I deleted 650,000 e-mails from my outlook recently, old stuff. I run an online business, the losses weren't that bad, but for those of you who think Microsoft has your back, just wait until you have something important like this happen to you.

Microsoft can't be blamed for that. They can not even image what will million of different users all around the world, do with their products. They give you help files, support, books, whatever, but they can not predict millions of different situations. You admited yourself that you most likely made a mistake. See here:

Quote by superscrewup:
The issue here is, so many folders are in my Outlook, that i ran out of PST Space, most likely because i converted from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003, and I failed to convert to the Personal Folders instead of 2000 Format, which limited my PST file.

And no one said anything about "forum Junky". At least I can not find it in anyone's reply, no matter how hard I was searching.

Quote by superscrewup:
By the way, im not a forum junky, i just thought someone nice could help me out. I have a life, i don't spend it in here.

You are saying that we don't have a life ? We all also have a life, but we are trying to be helpful in these forums... security, avast!, antivirus, firewall related. There are some Outlook and other Microsoft related, very helpful forums out there. So, maybe you should ask them first. To be true, that's their area. If you paid for product (Outlook 2003) you should know that they have 24/7 phone support. Of course, they will ask you for your licence number (which I'm, sure you must have 'cause you said yourself that you run some business), but at least you'll get help.

And don't think someone tried to make fun of you. We are very serious forum and we like to help. It was just unbelievable that someone who runs business and depend on so many e-mails, didn't do backup... now it's much clearer, but after all, I wouldn't call it superscrewup  ;)

We had few members in these forums who gave themselfves nicknames just because of some particular temporary problem they had at that point. Even if we solved it and helped that person, we never heard from him again... that's sad...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 10:46:58 PM by S.Z.C »

superscrewup

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 09:30:13 PM »
I appreciate everyone's help.

This topic can be closed.

Thanks

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 09:37:45 PM »
But I still don't understand why you had to erase your previous post ? I didn't make up all those quotes myself. Everyone in these forums knows that I am not a liar... maybe I'm just a frog, but I don't lie  ;D  ;D  ;D

Strange...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 10:49:40 PM by S.Z.C »

Negeltu

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 11:51:21 PM »
He only took 2 days to reply, SZC.  You act as if it's been a month.  He's got a point.  He doesn't live on the forums.  2 days isn't such a long time.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 12:02:51 AM »
What are you talking about ? Who is acting at all ? I never said anything about how long he needs to respond to our mails... read previous posts and replies and you'll see that Technical and DavidR mentioned about that issue, not me...

Better check those facts before make any conclusions !
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 12:05:52 AM by S.Z.C »

Negeltu

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 12:09:39 AM »
Sorry about that SZC... I was referring to Technical and David...  I just woke up from a long night... and typed the wrong name. :)

No need to get defensive though.  Wasn't meant as an offensive comment.

Take care.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 12:11:52 AM »
No problem, but I've noticed you were pointing at me... I really didn't say anything about how long it takes to get respond from him...

No harm done...

Have a nice evening !

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2004, 12:17:03 AM »
He only took 2 days to reply, SZC.  You act as if it's been a month.  He's got a point.  He doesn't live on the forums.  2 days isn't such a long time.

When you ask for help and you prefix the question with, HELP! EMERGENCY! My business is at risk!, we replied promptly, you would sort of think he would treat it with the same urgency ???

You don't have to hang out on the forums, all you have to do is tick the 'Notify of replies' box when he posted and he will receive an email for each and every reply to his question.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Negeltu

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2004, 12:17:10 AM »
Yeah... I'm not sure why I typed your name instead...  I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.  I should probably go back to bed... lol

Well, he got his answer...he's not obligated to update anyone on the status of the problem.  Granted, it would be nice.  :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 12:18:21 AM by Negeltu »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 12:27:03 AM »
Sorry about that SZC... I was referring to Technical and David...  I just woke up from a long night... and typed the wrong name. :)

No need to get defensive though.  Wasn't meant as an offensive comment.

Take care.

And exactly which comment/s of mine stired you from your slumber, that made you think I reacted like he hadn't replied for a month ?

My comment "In any case I don't think we should waste any further time until we get further comment or feedback from superscrewup." was I think, reasoned and certainly not harsh or offensive (we need input/feedback in order to help).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 12:28:39 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 02:30:39 AM »
I appreciate everyone's help.
This topic can be closed.
Thanks

Why did you come here?  ::)
This is not a place for marketing but for avast (and computer) help. I'm not judging your intention but just want to know from you what do you want...
You're welcome is you have anything avast! related or to contribute to the others...
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 02:39:14 AM »
I was referring to Technical and David...

I'm here quite ofen and users ask me a lot by email and IM.
No matters, sometimes, like David an user alarm us, exagerate, screwupeverything... I feel like a stupid guy when I give attention to false alarms  ;)

Well, he got his answer...he's not obligated to update anyone on the status of the problem.  Granted, it would be nice.  :)

Nobody is obligated to ask for help here.
Nobody is obligated to make me losing time.
But, you're right, nobody has to make we updated about his(her) problems. I'm just a stupid guy that wants to help from time to time.
I just won't lose more time with nothing  :P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2004, 02:44:49 AM »
When you ask for help and you prefix the question with, HELP! EMERGENCY! My business is at risk!, we replied promptly, you would sort of think he would treat it with the same urgency ???

You don't have to hang out on the forums, all you have to do is tick the 'Notify of replies' box when he posted and he will receive an email for each and every reply to his question.

Thanks David for understand me  ;)

Negeltu

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 11:31:51 AM »
Nobody said anyone was a stupid person.  Why the drama?  Let's just end it here.  No offense was meant.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 12:16:35 PM »
Nobody said anyone was a stupid person.  Why the drama?  Let's just end it here.  No offense was meant.  :)

OK. I was not intending to say I'm but I feel like one...  ;D