Author Topic: Possible VBscript error  (Read 17733 times)

DavidCo

Re: Possible VBscript error
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
Ccleaner does not 'find' anything nor does JV16 PT
I have now used reg search by Nirsoft and that gave me a sizeable list (not stated errors obviously)

Awsclear does not remove these entries. It may be that awsclear is not a trusted application.
The permissions are for 'Trusted installer' only.
Working from 'both ends' seems to be pointing at AhAscr.dll as I previoiusly listed.
Old post have 'looked at this file reference many times.
So it may be our old friend 'Permissions'

So even with all uninstallers run the reg entries are protected and stick where they are.
Could someone comment on the advisability of changing permissions, then perhaps rgsvr32 would have some effect.
Should the script be for jscript rather than vbscript

ManfromUN

Re: Possible VBscript error
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 04:39:05 PM »
I have the same problem with an older Vista machine.
VBS scripts error: can't find scripting engine.
It seems that in the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}\InprocServer32 points to an old and removed Avast 5 file:  C:]program files\alwil software\avast5\ahascr.dll
It schoul read: vbscript.dll but this registry entry cannot be removed nor altered. In save mode Aswclear.exe did not remove this entry.
Eusing reg.cleaner couldn't also. Its probably impossible to throw this entry away.
Finally I recreated the avast5 folder and put a copy of vbscript.dll (from windows\system32) in it and renamed it to ahascr.dll.
Now when I open a VBS it still points to de avast5\ahascr.dll but now that is in fact the vbscript.dll and the VBS will work. Problem solved, but very tricky.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:50:03 PM by ManfromUN »