Author Topic: SafeZone not working  (Read 13263 times)

Offline justinlee

• Poster
SafeZone not working
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »
Since updating to latest Avast Version 6.0.1289 the browser in Safezone will no longer open. The browser window itself opens up within Safezone, but then it just hangs and never reaches the website.

This problem did not occur immediately after the latest update but a few days afterwards.

I have AIS installed on both my laptops and Safezone is not working on either one.
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) SP1,
Intel Core i5-2410M @2.30GHz, 6GB RAM
AvastFree Antivirus & ZoneAlarm Free.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: SafeZone not working
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »
Could you please terminate SafeZone (or terminate all running virtualized processess on SafeZone) and then click "Reset SafeZone" button? Does it help? Thanks.

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »
Still have the same problem after resetting safezone.

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
Just checked again and it is now working :)

Gigantix

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
I have exactly the same problem with the this update (6.0.1289) of Avast Internet security. It takes about 2 minutes for every webpage to load. This way the safezone browser is practically unusable. I've observed the problem on two totally differant machines running respectively on XP and Vista, using Chrome as standard browser in both cases.
Resetting the safezone doesn't solve the problem.
Emptying the sandbox webbrowser contents isn't possible because it's already empty.

So I'm at a loss, please sb help! :(

ady4um

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »
I have exactly the same problem with the this update (6.0.1289) of Avast Internet security. It takes about 2 minutes for every webpage to load. This way the safezone browser is practically unusable. I've observed the problem on two totally differant machines running respectively on XP and Vista, using Chrome as standard browser in both cases.
Emptying the sandbox webbrowser contents isn't possible because it's already empty.

Since updating to latest Avast Version 6.0.1289 the browser in Safezone will no longer open. The browser window itself opens up within Safezone, but then it just hangs and never reaches the website.

This problem did not occur immediately after the latest update but a few days afterwards.

I have AIS installed on both my laptops and Safezone is not working on either one.

@Gigantix,

Either you have the exact same problem, or you don't. It still could be the "same" problem, in case the OP just didn't wait enough time.

Unfortunately, in this topic the OP (justinlee) didn't tell us EXACTLY HOW he overcome the problem.

Please search the forum for similar topics with possible suggestions on how to overcome it, or open a new topic with you specific details / behaviours / OS ...

Gigantix

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
@ady4um
I see your point. I'll follow your suggestion, search the forum further and if necessary open a new topic...

Offline justinlee

• Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »

@Gigantix,

Either you have the exact same problem, or you don't. It still could be the "same" problem, in case the OP just didn't wait enough time.

Unfortunately, in this topic the OP (justinlee) didn't tell us EXACTLY HOW he overcome the problem.

Please search the forum for similar topics with possible suggestions on how to overcome it, or open a new topic with you specific details / behaviours / OS ...

I thought it was pretty clear. Anyway, i will explain... I reset SafeZone by opening Avast > Additional Protection > SafeZone > Reset SafeZone. After doing this the browser within SafeZone would still NOT reach the webpage so i left it. Later on in the day i checked again and it seemed to have rectified itself so really i didn't do anything to solve the problem it either solved itself or was solved by me resetting SafeZone.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »
@justinlee, this problem was already fixed (avast! SafeZone is using Mailshell's secured DNS service, we contacted their support and they confirmed there was a problem with the process that resolves the incoming DNS requests on one of the servers). It means, when you entered a URL address in the SafeZonre browser, it took ~1min to load the page (because of slow DNS resolving).

cascade

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
My Safezone is going slow again.  It was repaired yesterday - something to do with the DNS servers, but today it has stopped working again.  Not only does it take forever to load, but each of the web pages within it are on go slow, as well :o.  I wish that they would sort it out once and for all !!

poppageek

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »
Just bought Avast a few weeks ago and SafeZone worked fine. Now I get "SafeZone Browser has stopped working" whenever I try to open it. I have reset as described above but acts the same. Also rebooted. Am running Vista64 and have made no changes to Windows or hardware since it worked. Current version 6.0.1289

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
Why don't you try an installation from scratch?

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
7. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

poppageek

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 03:40:22 AM »
Worked!  ;)

Did as you said except for safe mode and also I uninstalled Chrome. All working fine now.

Thank you for taking the time to give instructions and links.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to give instructions and links.  :)
You're welcome.
The best things in life are free.