Author Topic: Purchasing question  (Read 2022 times)

Nikilet

Purchasing question
« on: September 25, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
So often when you purchase software it will indicate that the price includes installation for 2 computers. I've only ever had one computer so never pay much attention to that.

Now I've got this older Gatway laptop that someone gave me to see if I could get it cleaned up. It was so bad that I didn't count on being able to get it cleaned up, but with the excellent help of someone in the virus forum here (I think it was essexboy) this machine is pretty much 100% now.

I had installed the trial version of Avast Internet Security on it because that is the program I run on my desktop. What I am wondering is if the program I already purchased might include installation on a second computer. How do I find that out? I've looked everywhere I can think of to see if I can find this info and nothing yet.

Gargamel360

Re: Purchasing question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
The standard AIS sale is a three-use license.  So it should still be good for however long is left since your purchase date.  How to find out?  Simply try activating it, it will let you know if its good to use still or not, there is no penalty if you are wrong. ;)

Nikilet

Re: Purchasing question
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:33:52 AM »
I used the license on this little laptop and it went without a hitch. Since you have to drag that license file into the appropriate area, I used a little USB flash drive to transfer it from my computer over to the laptop. Could I have saved myself some work and just sent it as a zip attachment in an email?