Author Topic: Avast! will not start even after my efforts to make it work  (Read 2230 times)

roninzorra

Avast! will not start even after my efforts to make it work
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:19 PM »
I bought Avast over the summer, for a year, and it has worked off and on at best. my family used the program a couple years ago and never had a problem. once i bought into the program, its hardly ever worked. i called technical support, and after hours of them telling me why my computer sucks and trying to sell me an expensive online computer cleaning, they got my computer working.

a month later, it stopped working again. at first, i was so frustrated, that i gave up. but now that im using my computer again more, i feel like i should be getting my moneys worth!! the only program that could have been interfering with it starting up was Malwarebytes. i uninstalled that program, and restarted. it still isn't working... can anyone please help? Ive had it with this program.

ady4um

Re: Avast! will not start even after my efforts to make it work
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:53:24 AM »
@roninzorra,

If you had other security tools before Avast, you need to run their removal tools. This is in addition to the usual "Add/Remove Programs"

Many removal tools for security software is located at: http://thewebatom.net/uninstallers/security-software/

I recommend running those that you ever had, and do it from Windows Safe Mode.

Please report back, and if you need additional help please add some info (OS, SP, x32/x64, other security tools currently installed and those that were installed in the past).