Author Topic: Avast and Bad Pool Caller?  (Read 3938 times)

fievre

Avast and Bad Pool Caller?
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
Sporadically over the past couple of months I've been getting BSODs upon bringing my laptop out of sleep. All of the blue screens have claimed that a Bad Pool Caller is what's wrong. My research indicates that bpc's often have to do with problems with an update or a driver.

Up til now I've just been doing a system restore to get around the problem, but it just keeps popping up. I checked and the only program to update in the past 6 days this time has been Avast.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or do you think something else is the problem? Whether Avast is the cause or not, do you have any suggestions to stop the bad pool callers?

Thanks in advance!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast and Bad Pool Caller?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:22:33 PM »
Well you haven't given us much information to go by, what operating system are you running? what other security software is on your system? have you tried a repair through add remove programs ?

Nesivos

Re: Avast and Bad Pool Caller?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »
Steps to take to try and fix "Bad Pool Caller"

1.  Make sure all of your hardware is properly working.  You can do this through the Device Manager
2.  Checks the "Event Viewer" in Windows to verify what might be causing the problem.  If it is a piece of software then reinstall that software
3.  Clean the computers registry and clean the disk.   You can start by using CCleaner to clean both but you may need to go to a more advanced Registry Cleaner like Glary, Wise Registry Cleaner, Auslogics Registry Cleaner
4.  Go to the Windows Control Panel, click on Troubleshooting and then follow the yellow brick road to Windows Fix.  Alternatively you can go to the Windows Fix website and follow the yellow brick road there.

Good luck