Author Topic: what to do....not a virus!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline drhayden1

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast & Garfield-Best Protection
what to do....not a virus!
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:09:09 PM »
after running a full scan on my avast internet security i got these.....but no viruses found
what action should i take?
Gateway Laptop-AMD Phenom™ II Quad-Core Processor N830 (2.1GHz)-5000MB Dual-Channel DDR3 1066MHz Memory-ATI Radeon® HD 5650 Graphics with up to 1024MB of dedicated memory-500GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive-Windows® 8 Pro (64bit)-Windows Live Mail-Kaspersky Pure 3.0-WinPatrol Plus....

Offline spg SCOTT

• Massive Poster
  • There is no magic, only lost physics
    • spg SCOTT
Re: what to do....not a virus!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:14:39 PM »
If you expand the location, you will see that they are contained in the virus definition updates folder, which is probably the previous days version.

During the scan, avast has cleaned up the previous defs around the scan called them up, resulting in the error of them not being found.

No Problem, just avast doing some housekeeping and then just telling you why it couldn't scan those files ;)

You'll find that you can't "take any action" but simply to close the scan results, because there is nothing to do :P

Scott
“There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the work. The trouble with computers is that you 'play' with them!”Richard Feynman

Offline drhayden1

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast & Garfield-Best Protection
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:19:15 PM »
thanks...and thats what i thought the reason was because of the update....just closed the program and went on with life :)
Gateway Laptop-AMD Phenom™ II Quad-Core Processor N830 (2.1GHz)-5000MB Dual-Channel DDR3 1066MHz Memory-ATI Radeon® HD 5650 Graphics with up to 1024MB of dedicated memory-500GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive-Windows® 8 Pro (64bit)-Windows Live Mail-Kaspersky Pure 3.0-WinPatrol Plus....

Offline spg SCOTT

• Massive Poster
  • There is no magic, only lost physics
    • spg SCOTT
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »
You're welcome :)
“There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the work. The trouble with computers is that you 'play' with them!”Richard Feynman