Author Topic: Display settings changed after Avast update  (Read 2312 times)

Airwilly

Display settings changed after Avast update
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
I performed the recommended Avast Free edition update today (6.0.1289), and suspiciously and immediately, my display went from max colors to minimum colors. Each time I start the computer now, I have to reset the settings in Control Panel.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Display settings changed after Avast update
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »
Wow... I mean, sorry... That is really original... I never heard about this problem...
The best things in life are free.

DonZ63

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:22:47 AM »
Sounds like graphics driver got corrupted or was previously corrupted and Avast triggered the problem. Uninstalling/reinstalling or upgrading graphics drivers should do the trick. If you have nVidia drivers, you should temporarily disable Avast shields before installing drivers if you downloaded them from the nVidia site. You don't have to disable Avast if driver update from Windows Update.

BTW - XP graphics drivers can corrupted all the time unfortunately.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
Never heard of this problem but i do agree with trying an upgrade of your graffic's drivers if you do have a graffic's card that is! you also do not need to disable avast while installing nvidia or ati graffic's drivers.
I would also try uninstalling avast with the removal tool and reboot a couple of times then reinstall if updating graffic's card drivers has no effect.