Author Topic: So funny I had to post  (Read 944220 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:34:31 PM by Pondus »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Off topic but was so funny i had to post
« Reply #1036 on: December 22, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #1037 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:47 PM »
ROFLMAO  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #1038 on: December 27, 2014, 04:15:50 PM »
Australians experience snow for the first time.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d6044_australians-experience-snow-for-the-first-time_lifestyle

I posted this because I've seen tons of snow in my lifetime.
When I lived in Iowa and Nebraska I lived through multiple blizzards. Some of those
blizzards produced over two feet of snow, a few over three feet.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #1039 on: December 27, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
I've never seen snow myself either :) we only get the slightest little bit if ever at the top of one of the mountains here in the southwest of Australia in the Porongurup national park but if you go to the southeast of Australia snow and the ski season is annual in Threadbo NSW's ( 500km's south of Sydney ).

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #1040 on: December 27, 2014, 06:41:13 PM »
Well just looked and there is heavy snowfall here in The Okanagan Valley as we speak.
Calling for 10 inches.
Snow is cool  lolol 
but as I get older I find 'cool and damp'  not as attractive as I once did.  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #1041 on: December 27, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »
Well just looked and there is heavy snowfall here in The Okanagan Valley as we speak.
Calling for 10 inches.
Snow is cool  lolol 

Not much fun when you have to clear the road in order to get out of the street, usually only me and my neighbour and possibly 1 more. The strange thing is the youngsters stay indoors whilst we old uns, get the snow shovels out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #1042 on: December 27, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »
Calling for 10 inches.
Snow is cool  lolol 

Not much fun when you have to clear the road in order to get out of the street, usually only me and my neighbour and possibly 1 more. The strange thing is the youngsters stay indoors whilst we old uns, get the snow shovels out.

I hear you David, unfortunately sign of the times, Internet, games, facebook, chat rooms.
Ah well, when I was a youngster you couldn't keep me indoors. lololol
I'm still out more then not. :)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #1043 on: December 27, 2014, 09:54:52 PM »
Calling for 10 inches.
Snow is cool  lolol 

Did you get much snow on Boxing Day?  ???
I watched the West Brom v Man City match and it started snowing during the match.
I know West Bromwich isn't too far from you so I thought I'd ask.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #1044 on: December 27, 2014, 10:22:23 PM »
Hi folks,

What is your favorite end of the year neckfiller?
 Just like this suggestion: http://www.saltimbocca.nl/2011/02/the-rotterdam-kapsalon-multiethnic-fries/
or hearty hog maw: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/26/post_pub_nosh_hog_maw/

pol
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #1045 on: December 27, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »
Hi folks,

What is your favorite end of the year neckfiller?
 Just like this suggestion: http://www.saltimbocca.nl/2011/02/the-rotterdam-kapsalon-multiethnic-fries/
or hearty hog maw: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/26/post_pub_nosh_hog_maw/

pol
How is this related to "Off topic but was so funny i had to post". ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #1046 on: December 27, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »
Probably there is not a "this is kind of cool" thread.  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #1047 on: December 27, 2014, 11:06:03 PM »
Calling for 10 inches.
Snow is cool  lolol 

Did you get much snow on Boxing Day?  ???
I watched the West Brom v Man City match and it started snowing during the match.
I know West Bromwich isn't too far from you so I thought I'd ask.

Nowhere in England is that far away compared to the USA and Australia - but be have some very weird weather with huge differences and only 100 miles or so apart. No snow here though so far, lots of rain but not quite cold enough for snow.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #1048 on: December 27, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »
Hi Para-Noid,

Where to post such a non-serious topic, trivial nosh neckfillers form quite the opposite of fun, they come as an aftermath necessity.
What is the fun in getting ingredients like a stomach, "taters" and a lot of other incredible filling stuff, and a neckfiller could also be a beauty treatment for ladies that always stay out of the other neckfilling habits.

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #1049 on: December 28, 2014, 12:19:30 AM »
Nowhere in England is that far away compared to the USA and Australia - but be have some very weird weather with huge differences and only 100 miles or so apart. No snow here though so far, lots of rain but not quite cold enough for snow.
Pretty much the same here in southern Ont. Canada, huge differences in weather over relative short distances.  Maybe ten years ago there was a major winter storm that totally crippled Toronto with 4 feet of accumulated snow, and that's not even counting blowing and drifting ... friends and acquaintances from all over the internet expressed concerns that I was OK, and I had a heck of a time convincing that even though I'm only about 65 miles (call it an even hundred km) west of there and in the "snow belt", we only got a light dusting here.

Even much shorter distances can make big differences.  Kitchener and Waterloo, while called twin cities, are for most purposes one continuous city, with only "Now entering ..." signs to advise you've passed from one to the other.  Their respective downtowns are only 2 or 3 miles apart, and quite often I'd swear there's a sharp stationary front sitting on or close to the dividing line, since it'll be thunderstorms there but clear and sunny here, or vice-versa.

Slightly OT, but relevant to the peculiarities of local geography ... Ontario Hwy 8 runs primarily east-west from the border across from Buffalo (Ft. Erie) to the crossing at Detroit/Windsor, but dog-legs more north-south for a few miles through our area.  Since one of Kitchener's main thoroughfares, King St., was part of that highway before the expressways were built, Kitchener designates it and parallel streets as east-west, while cross-streets are, naturally, north-south.  Waterloo, on the other hand, rotates the designations of those streets which cross over between cities, to more logically follow the actual orientation of the streets locally.  So you can imagine the confusion when visitors pass through along King St. and find that the street has East, West, South, and North sections without their ever having turned a corner!  lol
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent