Author Topic: Offline / Unattended Installation, Activation, and Updating  (Read 3788 times)

qwertyguy

Offline / Unattended Installation, Activation, and Updating
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to write a script that will install, activate, and update an Avast! product without any user interaction. So far, I've found the following:

Unattended install: calling the install exe (setup_av_pro, setup_av_free, and setup_ais.exe) with the flags /verysilent and /norestart will install avast on the computer without a hiccup. However, there doesn't appear to be a way to activate the product during the install (such as providing a purchased key).

Unattended Updating: Updates can be installed without user interaction by calling the update program (vpsupd.exe, available at http://www.avast.com/en-gb/download-update) with the /silent flag. However, it won't work for an unactivated professional product.

Unattended activation: I can't seem to find a way to do this programmatically. There isn't a command line switch that I've seen to specify a license when installing, nor do any of the programs in the Avast folder (ashcmd, ashupd, etc.) seem capable of this. This is where I'm most frustrated.

Hopefully, some of the above will be helpful for people. I know I've seen the questions around the forum, but answers were pretty inconsistent. That being said, does anyone know how to do an offline activation over the command line for Avast! AIS or Pro Antivirus?

Thanks, QG