Author Topic: PSGBook vs Avast!  (Read 2548 times)

vendas.dllsystem

PSGBook vs Avast!
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
Hello,

As related on topic http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=78370.0;topicseen, we still getting problems with the software. Avast still deleting the projects our clients creates using PSGBook when the application closes. The problem shows up when the software runs on sandbox, because people in general never read the instructions. It's intuitive that they just click "OK" and "NEXT", so that way, they run on sandbox mode even being aware of that.

We already did the instructions passed on that topic, and still got no response, as time goes by. PSGBook is distributed on freeware license, and the user numbers grows everyday. We're looking forward for a fix on that issue, or we will be forced to instruct our clients to change their anti-virus software.

There's no software certification from Avast ? Can't our software being included on that certification ? Or simply add the installation paths on secure mode/exception ?

Here's a link to the Installer: http://www.dllsystems.com.br/psgbook/fotolivrouniversal/psgbook.fotolivrouniversal.exe

Thank you
Sincerely,
Daniel Santini Francisco
DLL System Software Maintainance and Commerce LTD
+55 (19) 3445 3040 - contato@dllsystem.com
Avenida Dr. Odécio Roland, #585
Limeira, São Paulo - Brazil
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:33:10 PM by vendas.dllsystem »

ady4um

Re: PSGBook vs Avast!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:22:58 PM »
I don't understand. According to the links you posted, you were asked to send a link or .zip and/or additional info to Avast Team directly. If you don't, how do you expect them to know how to do this?

Besides that, all that the customer needs to do is to click once in the Sandbox option to allow your program to work (not inside sandbox), and another click in "remember", so Avast's Sandbox won't ask again. That seems to me much easier than instructing to change AV.

About blocking connections, it depends on the firewall, which could be from Avast or not. As with any other tool, it needs at least one time the approval of the user, and then the firewall knows what to do.

I don't have any real answers here, specially because I am a simple user, not an Avast Team member, but for some unknown reason, some miscommunication is ongoing here.

vendas.dllsystem

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 02:29:27 PM »
I don't understand. According to the links you posted, you were asked to send a link or .zip and/or additional info to Avast Team directly. If you don't, how do you expect them to know how to do this?

Besides that, all that the customer needs to do is to click once in the Sandbox option to allow your program to work (not inside sandbox), and another click in "remember", so Avast's Sandbox won't ask again. That seems to me much easier than instructing to change AV.

About blocking connections, it depends on the firewall, which could be from Avast or not. As with any other tool, it needs at least one time the approval of the user, and then the firewall knows what to do.

I don't have any real answers here, specially because I am a simple user, not an Avast Team member, but for some unknown reason, some miscommunication is ongoing here.

We sent all requested links and softwares to avast team, and we didn't get any solution (A simple solution is add our executable on trusted list to avast DB, for example). About SMTP port blocking, as soon as we turn avast off, all functionalities of the software works well.

The related problem on this post came recently with last updates from Avast. And as we said, the costumers dont read too much instructions. They just do "OK" and "NEXT" on things they can't figure out what this actually does.

The real problem: Avast deletes all works did on software, when running on sandbox. And it's a recent problem. The users using the system are persons with low technical knowlegde. So we can't instruct them to use other programs we dont own to bypass this, or configure some advanced options. Seems a quite easy thing to Avast Team to do, since our software started to get this awkward problem just on recents updates, as i said. Before that, we could bypass other minor issues by updating software side. Now we just can't do anything, once it's impossible to instruct the software to save the archives on real HD if they run on sandbox mode, which i repeat, users usually barely understand about.

Sincerely,
Daniel Santini Francisco
DLL System - Support Team
www.dllsystems.com +55 19 3445 3040
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:09:02 PM by vendas.dllsystem »

vendas.dllsystem

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »
We are waiting for a reply from Avast Team.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:59:36 PM by vendas.dllsystem »

vendas.dllsystem

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »
We are waiting for a reply.

Gargamel360

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »
I don't think the auto-sandbox has a whitelist.  So going that direction is a dead-end.

Is your file not digitally signed?  That is one of the checks Avast! uses to determine if it should suggest the autosandbox or not.