Author Topic: unp.........tmp files?  (Read 38015 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: unp.........tmp files?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »
No there isn't one in the Temp\Low\_avast_ folder, never was. ;)
<snip>

That is what I thought and why I think content in that folder might not be being scanned or if it is, not cleared as there is no reference to the files locked by the web shield (web sh lock.txt).

That is my concern to coordinate this so that everything goes to the one folder whatever that happens to be. For me in XP Pro and Win7 32bit it is c:\windows\temp\_avast_.

Whilst in my win7 netbook I don't have the <users>...\Temp\Low\_avast_ folder, I do have an <users>...\Temp\_avast_ folder, but when browsing the web I don't get any unp.....tmp files in that location they all go to c:\windows\temp\_avast_ folder.

So I don't understand this disparity. Edit: perhaps this is used for other shields, such as the script shield as Igor mentions. If so I can't understand the logic in this surely it would be best to use the one _avast_ location.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:29:43 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

solidacid

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2011, 07:40:01 PM »
A mí también me pasa lo mismo.

Este problema empezó cuando instalé la version de avast la 6.0.1289. y solo me pasa cuando utiliza el Internet Explorer 9.

Pd. Perdonar si escribo en español.

iroc9555

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
Ok for the members who do not read Spanish.

A mí también me pasa lo mismo.

Este problema empezó cuando instalé la version de avast la 6.0.1289. y solo me pasa cuando utiliza el Internet Explorer 9.

Pd. Perdonar si escribo en español.

Solidacid, the poster above, says that the same is happening to him but just when using IE 9. I just mentioned to him, from Spanish Forum, that he was not the only one with this problem and up to now there seems to be no fix.

@ Solidacid

Si se llegara a encontrar una solucion te lo aviso en el hilo que tenemos en el foro de español.

Saludos.

neommy

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 10:57:34 PM »
Thank you Solidacid, nice to know that I am not all alone in this big world, ;D and iroc9555 for the English translation.
I am still having temporary files, I am using IE9, and Avast 6.0.1289, and all I can add is that the date of the beginning of this problem is at most 12-15 days before the beginning date of this topic.

iroc9555

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 01:11:29 AM »
Neommy.

Thank you.

After you answered igor question in reply # 29, he never got in touch with you afterwards ? I thought he could have had an answer to this glich.

Regards.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 09:53:08 AM »
I'm afraid I don't, as I wasn't able to simulate the behavior.
I might try to get rid of the temporary files in the Script Shield altogether, which would solve the problem as a side effect, but I'd still like to know what's causing this thing.

iroc9555

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »
Igor.

Thanks for answering. This is a rare event.

Regards.

neommy

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »
Well, this may not be such a rare event indeed;
I am deriving this result from the solution! After doing many things to solve the problem, ( actually my number one suspect were network adjustments at the control panel, I have the habit of playing with everything at my computer ) I finally did two more things;
1) I made a deep clean at my computer, with Windows 7 64 Bits's and IE 9's own tools, and CCleaner. And then I uninstalled Comodo, both from the Control Panel then with its own community prepared uninstallation tool, rebooting many times, and deleting many times. I even used Registry Seeker just to delete " comodo " name from everywhere at the registry.
2) Then I resetted IE9. From tools-internet options-advanced-I used both of the two tools here.
rebooted, and it was gone!
I reinstalled Comodo.
I now have one _avast_ folder in Temp, and one _avast_ folder in Temp-Low ...But now no temporary file is produced, both of these _avast_ folders are empty since one day! ;D