Author Topic: Avast not in Add-Remove  (Read 3372 times)

Canuck68

Avast not in Add-Remove
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:25:09 AM »

WinXPpro,WinXP firewall .
After installing last update 6.0.12 my browsing slowed down a lot .
I uninstalled the latest version of Avast and installed version 5.0.418 and also updated my Firefox to version 7.01 . Browsing works nicely and Avast is active in Security control . I looked at the settings and noticed that Script shield protection is "Unknown" It won't start ."Unable to start scrip shield. Shield unreachable" I thought I would uninstall and reinstall Avast . When I looked in Add-Remove it's not there ! I opened Revo just to see if it will show. No joy there either . Also not in registry CurentVersion/Uninstall ! It seems to work but I would hate to leave it like this . Would install over of latest version put it back in Add-Remove ? Not update from the program but from the fresh installer ! I rebooted after uninstall and also reinstall.I've been using Avast AV for over 3 years on 3 computers . Any advice will be appreciated . Thank you

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast not in Add-Remove
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:57:21 AM »
try removing avast with this, and install latest version again   http://www.avast.com/en-no/uninstall-utility

Canuck68

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 05:00:48 AM »
Will give it a try . Thank you !  :)
Should I disable (permanently )before running the tool ?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:01:34 AM »
follow instructions on website...

Canuck68

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:04:57 AM »
Thank you !  :)

Canuck68

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »
Uninstall tool worked really well from safe mode . Reinstalled the last version of Avast and found in Add-Remove . All is well ! Thank you  :)