Author Topic: Mail servers´names changed!!!  (Read 3582 times)

icout

Mail servers´names changed!!!
« on: November 12, 2004, 07:45:36 PM »
My e-mail program is INCREDIMAIL (Portuguese version) and I hsve some accounts correctly configured there. The problem is: after some time, when the program tries to connect and send/receive messages, an error message appears indicating a problem and suggesting to check servers´configurations. So doing, I saw that servers´names have been changed without any personal action, generally including a <#> character and another ones. If then I change to the appropriate servers´names, the e-mail program comes back to normal operation.
What kind of error is this and how can I fix it?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Mail servers´names changed!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 07:57:13 PM »
The changes are not and error. These are needed in order for Avast 4.1 to scan the mail. If you can bring up a little patience wait for Avast to upgrade to 4.5 (tomorrow if everything goes well) and see if the problem is solved. Avast 4.5 has a different way for handling mail.

If you can't/don't want to wait, look HERE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 08:22:24 PM »
In version 4.5 avast will have a new mail detection that will work automatically. Please, set up your email account just as avast does not exists. It will detect the pop3/smpt/imap ports and scan your messages.
The best things in life are free.

icout

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
Thanks a lot for both prompt replies.  :)
I´ll wait for 4.5 version and I hope it could manage e-mails without the disturbing effects above related.

icout

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 12:47:46 PM »
Well, I´ve just updated Avast as below:

Last version - 4.1.501
New version - 4.5.518

I hope everything goes right from now.
Thanks again for information.