Author Topic: Auto-Delete Virus?  (Read 5384 times)

TomWolfe

Auto-Delete Virus?
« on: November 12, 2004, 11:49:45 PM »
Is there anyway to have the avast (home version 4) delete viruses automatically without having to click the delete?  I play online games and its annoying to keep having to log off, delete a virus then log back on every 20 minutes or so.  Plus the virus alert warning thingy lags me in-game and gets me "killed".

whocares

Re:Auto-Delete Virus?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 12:20:26 AM »
Hi,
without any info on your system/WIN-version and what virus is found:
I can just say.:
secure our system better, and there'll be no more alerts.

P.S. Fully automated action is only available in avast PRO

;)

joeloucyn

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 12:51:39 AM »
You can not directly delete virus in avast! Home version,
you can only move to Chest (use method below).

Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Standard Shield and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No.

Do the same for the Internet Mail provider.

Silent Mode and default No will send the file to Chest.

a61_a61

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 12:52:13 AM »
You can use Avast with PopTray and have viruses deleted off the server so they are not downloaded.  This is how my mail is set up.
http://www.heffy.com/spam_virus.htm

a61

neal62

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 01:41:20 AM »
Yes Poptray is a very good program that allows you to review your incoming e-mail BEFORE it's downloaded to your computer. It is worth having. Very good program.

joeloucyn

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 01:51:43 AM »
 :) Yes, PopTray is a good program for e-mail servers, but he stated "I play online games"  8)so Poptray will not help him there. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 02:59:54 AM »
You can not directly delete virus in avast! Home version, you can only move to Chest

No  ;D
You can: go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer Yes. Anyway, I suggest send the file to Chest. You won't regret.
The best things in life are free.

a61_a61

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 03:16:17 AM »
It depends if he's on a broadband, then PopTray can be set to check mail at certian times.  As an example, he may be playing his games, while PopTray checking his email, plus Avast also scanning  the mail.  With having one rule set in PopTray any e-mail detected to have a virus will be deleted.

I have been using this for months and not one virus gets into my Inbox, PopTray can be set to log these viruses that have been deleted. You can also have a rule to delete any suspicious e-mails.  Using these utilities keeps my Inbox totally free from viruses, plus 99.86% free of SPAM.  I don't have to even look at the mail on the server now before I download it.

a61

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 03:28:31 AM »
With having one rule set in PopTray any e-mail detected to have a virus will be deleted.

Ok, I was just saying that is possible to avast delete an infected mail automatically.

I have been using this for months and not one virus gets into my Inbox, PopTray can be set to log these viruses that have been deleted. You can also have a rule to delete any suspicious e-mails.  Using these utilities keeps my Inbox totally free from viruses, plus 99.86% free of SPAM.  I don't have to even look at the mail on the server now before I download it.

The same for me, but with Spamihilator  8)

a61_a61

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 04:15:55 AM »
Thanks for your input.  I wasn't aware you can set rules in Spamihilator to delete viruses that Avast detects.  I know some of these programs like "MailWasher" you check your mail on the server and go through it all to see which ones you want to delete etc.  With PopTray I rarely open it to see what mail is on the server, it just notifies my that I have new mail and then I just click receive mail from OE and that's it.

a61

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 05:30:20 PM »
I wasn't aware you can set rules in Spamihilator to delete viruses that Avast detects.

Spam killers could detect the [avast - INFECTED] note in the subject field and automatic exclude (without downloading) the email from server  ;)