Author Topic: "...does not implement the service" Avast Pro 6, W2K SP4  (Read 10506 times)

stevesobol

Re: "...does not implement the service" Avast Pro 6, W2K SP4
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »
Yes - I'll have to VNC into the computer and run depends.exe again. I will post a couple screenshots as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

PMT

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 02:01:23 AM »
Hey there...just started Avast and my Help and Support went out...when I finally got the files restored that it needed...I got a new error...the one that is this topic.  Apparently, Avast is delete happy.  Avast should have helped you with the problem that they created... so I am waiting on the answer.

stevesobol

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
I think you need to read the entire thread. The delays are my fault, not theirs.

stevesobol

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »
Screenshot 1: AVASTSVC.EXE dependencies

stevesobol

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 10:46:27 PM »
Screenshot 2: AAVM4H.DLL dependencies. Several other avast! DLL's depend on this missing library, APPHELP.DLL

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »
Just as said in the FAQ you quoted, I don't think the shown error actually presents any problem.
The APPHELP.DLL is not references from any avast! module, the dependency comes from a Microsoft module itself (shlwapi.dll). Besides, the hour-glass next to the DLL name means that the module is delay-loaded, i.e. it's not a real dependency that could cause loading problems directly (it means that the module would be loaded on demand somewhere during the program runtime - but such a demand most likely never happens on the specified OS).

So I'd say the problem is unrelated...

stevesobol

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
That puts us back at Square One...

PMT

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 06:17:33 AM »
And?  What is square one?  That I need to read the whole thread?  I also found that my system information doesn't work.  I removed avast 6.0.  My system runs alot better. I guess I'll just the reload windows full backup.  I suggest Panda.

stevesobol

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 06:28:27 AM »
Well, I'm an avast reseller... it doesn't say so yet, only because I haven't made enough posts here to be able to edit all of my information. I have clients running avast! on Win7, Vista and XP with no problems. I, myself, run avast! on my two laptops, one of which runs Vista and the other running 7. This particular issue I'm having is with two client PC's. He's running 2000 on those two computers. He has no problem running the software on his XP machines, or on the other computer he has that runs 2000.

If Panda works better for you, then by all means, use it. I've never used it, but I understand it's a pretty solid piece of software.

I do, however, plan on finding a solution for my customer.

stevesobol

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 06:31:57 AM »
And I made my suggestion to "read the whole thread" because you seemed to be complaining about the company's employees taking a long time to reply. My point was, it wasn't them causing the delays, it was me.

PMT

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
  :'(  Ah, come on... somebody tell me why it can't be simple to fix this silly "does not implement"... What? You all go off line to settle it elsewhere?  I always seem to rub people the wrong way.  I don't take it personal... I blame the government.  I only get negativity.  Been isolated for years and now I can't even get help and support from my computer.  In fact, it won't even tell me it's own information.  Wow, this isolation has risen to a new low.  Hello!  Hello?  Anybody there?   

alpha1

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
  :'(  Ah, come on... somebody tell me why it can't be simple to fix this silly "does not implement"... What? You all go off line to settle it elsewhere?  I always seem to rub people the wrong way.  I don't take it personal... I blame the government.  I only get negativity.  Been isolated for years and now I can't even get help and support from my computer.  In fact, it won't even tell me it's own information.  Wow, this isolation has risen to a new low.  Hello!  Hello?  Anybody there?   
take a deep breath.
you need to provide detailed information about your system and situation in order to get assistance.

stevesobol

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 01:31:56 AM »
take a deep breath.
you need to provide detailed information about your system and situation in order to get assistance.

This is my personal opinion, not that of avast software nor any of its employees.

If PMT wanted us to actually work on his problem, he'd have either posted details, or posted a link to another forum discussion where he'd posted details earlier.

PMT: I really don't appreciate you hijacking this discussion to do nothing but complain. If you want help, you know which pieces of information you'll need to provide. If you don't actually want help, please go vent somewhere else. I started this discussion. I am working on finding a solution to my problem. It irritates me when I get an email telling me there's a new post, and it doesn't provide any help towards finding my solution.

stevesobol

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
Hey! Been a while since I chatted with you...

Again, this hasn't really been a high-priority issue for the customer, so I haven't kept on top of it, but I have some additional information.

The two Win2k computers that are NOT loading avast properly... AOL is installed on both. Now, having done Internet tech support in a past life, I know that AOL's software has a nasty habit of not playing nice with other software. I also know that AOL has their own security/antivirus software built in, and I'm wondering if that's the problem.

Another Win2k computer in the same office can load avast - AOL is NOT installed on that computer.

Here's the problem. As much as I'd love to uninstall AOL... according to the customer, that is not an option.

Advice? :)

Thanks

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
He can try to uninstall AOL and see if it helps and then we can simulate it here. Is it possible?
If not, what's his AOL version?