Author Topic: Error  (Read 6980 times)

searcher380

Error
« on: February 21, 2003, 02:42:36 PM »
I recently intalled Avast 4 on my Win2k Pro computer and had numerous hangs and errors. When I uninstalled it the errors stopped except one.
When i start Microsoft Outlook I get an error message indicating that an Avast dll is missing or I am out of memory ???
I have deleted all instances of Alwil and avast in my registry but still get the error message.
Any suggestions?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Error
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 05:07:29 PM »
Find a file called extend.dat on your system drive, and delete (or remove, if you don't want to delete) it. That should help...

Anyway, don't you want to further describe the problems you're seeing?

Thanks,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

searcher380

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 05:28:47 PM »
Thanks for the fix, it worked.. ;D
The error message i was getting from Outlook was "the Add-in "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\AshOutXT.dll could not be installed or loaded.
Your fixed worked, now maybe I can try Avast 4 again. Can you tell me if i need to uninstall my current virus scanner(AVG antivirus) before i re install Avast?
Is there a version of Avast4 that is designed for Win2k?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 10:16:45 AM »
Fine...

Your fixed worked, now maybe I can try Avast 4 again. Can you tell me if i need to uninstall my current virus scanner(AVG antivirus) before i re install Avast?

Absolutely. The resident scanners of avast! and AVG don't work together (true also for most other AV combinations)  ;)

Current version of avast! 4 Home/Pro should be fully Win2000/XP compatible.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.