Author Topic: Nortel/Avaya VPN + Avast Firewall = :(  (Read 4857 times)

vultureman

Nortel/Avaya VPN + Avast Firewall = :(
« on: April 30, 2011, 04:15:05 AM »
Just upgraded to Avast 6. Here are my settings. I'm also on the newest version of Nortel VPN Client.

Here's a link describing the problem I'm having (VPN banner was blocked by router).

Disabling Avast Firewall lets me VPN no problem. I have the network type as 'Home'.
What am I doing wrong that won't let me VPN?

Also: There are two ESP protocols on there because the first one keeps automatically generating itself....if you were wondering.

vultureman

Re: Nortel/Avaya VPN + Avast Firewall = :(
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »
Shameless bump since I love Avast so much.

vultureman

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »
bump since I don't want to disable the firewall every time I VPN, nor should I have to.

coolspot

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »
Same issue for me, since I have upgrade my Avast free to Avast internet security trial, I have unable to connect to VPN with Nortel VPN client, it said "User did not acknowledge the banner".

All following did not help:
* Disabling of firewall for 10 minutes.
* Disabling of firewall for 10 minutes permanently.
* Firewall Expert settings: Allowing of any network access for Nortel VPN client.

After downgrading to Avast free everything works just fine.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Avast free 7.0.1426 , AIS now is deleted, so I can not see it's version, it was latest version at 10 may 2012.
Nortel VPN 10.01.052 , Dec 4 2008.

vultureman

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
I never got a response, and this is still an issue for me. I need to disable Avast every time I run the Nortel or Avaya VPNs....even the latest versions.

Have you tried completely disabling the AV? It isn't just a firewall issue from what I remember.