Author Topic: Business Protection Plus Admin Console Won't Accept License Key File  (Read 9913 times)

TroySchulz

We purchased a 5 seat license for Business Protection Plus. Tried to install the Admin Console but it kept crashing. Went to the website and downloaded the latest version of Business Protection Plus. Ran installer and it went fine this time.

Installed the Admin Console which says we need to register/purchase it. Went to subscription tab and clicked the button to Insert License File. Chose the license file we received at purchase. Receiving error "An unknown error has occurred. Please contact your Administrator for more information. Error details: Unable to upload the license file."

Why will it not accept our license file?

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Business Protection Plus Admin Console Won't Accept License Key File
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum,
Q. Is the license file saved without modifying it? A in a place without accessibility problem?

Q. Did you tried to reboot the machine?

Q. I not understand one thing: you have installed the new version over the old one that wasn't working?
1)If the answer is yes try to uninstall the console
2)Control if exist this folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\AVAST Software\Administration Console (control if you've the rights to access here), if yes delete it
3)Try to install again, but insert the license during the installation.
4)If the problem still try to request a new license file by contacting your reseller, or try to go here
http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:23:22 PM by giogio »
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

TroySchulz

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »
The license was saved without modification. We rebooted several times.

We uninstalled completely and reinstalled.

We've reinstalled inserting the license file during install. It seems to take it, but when you go into the admin console after installation to the subscription tab it says there's no license installed.

We tried requesting the license file be sent again, but the email we get says they show no record of us owning a product. This is obviously false since we were sent a confirmation and a license key file with all our contact info in it.

aday

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
You may want to check with the Avast reseller you went through (if you used one) and see if they can get another key sent to you.

TroySchulz

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:54:57 PM »
We ordered directly from Avast online. We sent them an email but haven't heard anything back.

:-[

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
We ordered directly from Avast online. We sent them an email but haven't heard anything back.

:-[

Any link..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

TroySchulz

It's me again. We never got this resolved last time and never heard from Avast. We are now having this problem again with another of our customers. I can not get anyone at Avast to answer at any of the phone numbers I call. Nor can we get a response by email. It's almost as if they purposely don't want to take support calls. It's very frustrating.

We, again, ordered Avast Business Protection. After installing the Admin Console on their server we tried to insert the license key file which was emailed to us. We simply get an error:

An unknown error has occurred. Please contact your administrator for more information.
Error Details
Unable to upload the license file.

We can't be the only one who has gotten this.........twice.

If we go to each individual workstation and insert the license key it works. However, that doesn't do us any good since we won't be able to deploy installs in the future with the admin console once it expires.

Anyone with any new ideas?   :'(

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Hi,
1)Check the access rights of the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console" folder, are you logged with administration account or not?
2)Try to put here the license.avastlic file by copy and paste.
3)
After installing the Admin Console on their server we tried to insert the license key file which was emailed to us. We simply get an error:
An unknown error has occurred. Please contact your administrator for more information.
Error Details

Have you tryed to insert the licese during the console install?
4)Wich version of console are you running? Can you check if it's the lastest one (1.1.132.15)?
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline JBG

• Avast team
It's me again. We never got this resolved last time and never heard from Avast. We are now having this problem again with another of our customers. I can not get anyone at Avast to answer at any of the phone numbers I call. Nor can we get a response by email. It's almost as if they purposely don't want to take support calls. It's very frustrating.

We, again, ordered Avast Business Protection. After installing the Admin Console on their server we tried to insert the license key file which was emailed to us. We simply get an error:

Error Details

If we go to each individual workstation and insert the license key it works. However, that doesn't do us any good since we won't be able to deploy installs in the future with the admin console once it expires.

Hi TroySchulz,
could you attach here content of "%ProgramData%\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Logs"? Is there a ticket in created by avast! support for your case?
Sincerely.

TroySchulz

We are on a Windows 2008 server. Yes, I have admin rights.

I tried putting the license file where you suggested with the same result.

Yes, we tried during the console install, without success.

We are using the version you have listed below.

Thanks.

Hi,
1)Check the access rights of the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console" folder, are you logged with administration account or not?
2)Try to put here the license.avastlic file by copy and paste.
3)
After installing the Admin Console on their server we tried to insert the license key file which was emailed to us. We simply get an error:
Error Details

Have you tryed to insert the licese during the console install?
4)Wich version of console are you running? Can you check if it's the lastest one (1.1.132.15)?

TroySchulz

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
With your request, you just made me think of something else. I tried putting a copy of the license file at "%ProgramData%\AVAST Software\Administration Console", overwriting the one that was there, and then restarted the service and now it works! Thank you very much!!     ;D

Error Details

Hi TroySchulz,
could you attach here content of "%ProgramData%\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Logs"? Is there a ticket in created by avast! support for your case?
Sincerely.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:14:05 PM by TroySchulz »

TroySchulz

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »
It's me again. I'm doing this same install with the same problem but this time the fix I used last time won't work.

Error message: Access to the path "C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Administration Console\license.avastlic" is denied.

Stack Trace:
 at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.ChannelBase`1.EndInvoke(String methodName, Object[] args, IAsyncResult result)
   at Avast.Net.Console.SbcServiceConnectionPoint.SbcConnectionPointServerClient.SbcConnectionPointServerClientChannel.EndUploadLicence(IAsyncResult result)
   at Avast.Net.Console.SbcServiceConnectionPoint.SbcConnectionPointServerClient.Avast.Net.Console.SbcServiceConnectionPoint.ISbcConnectionPointServer.EndUploadLicence(IAsyncResult result)
   at Avast.Net.Console.SbcServiceConnectionPoint.SbcConnectionPointServerClient.OnEndUploadLicence(IAsyncResult result)
   at System.ServiceModel.ClientBase`1.OnAsyncCallCompleted(IAsyncResult result)

TroySchulz

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 07:59:43 PM »
 ::)

Sorry. Just figured this one out just after I pulled my hair out and posted this.   :P

I changed the file permissions for the license key file so that the Everyone group had full privileges and then it worked fine. Thanks anyway. Hope this helps someone else.