Author Topic: Avast firewall not available/reachable  (Read 4404 times)

Simo!

Avast firewall not available/reachable
« on: October 09, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »
Dear all,

is someone so kind to help me to solve this problem?

I bought the new avast version (avast! internet security 6.0.1289) on line just few days ago.
The operating system I use is Windows Vista Home Edition.
Now, it seems there is a problem with the avast firewall, because I was trying to activate it and a massege by avast shows that the avast firewall is not available/reachable.
So, what can I do?

Thank you very much in advance for your precious assistance.

Best Regards
Simo!

MAG

Re: Avast firewall not available/reachable
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
First thing to try is a repair.

Control panel, Add/remove programs (or Vista equiv), AIS, select Repair from the options list.

iyogisolutions1

Re: Avast firewall not available/reachable
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
Hi,

The root cause for the issue is identified to be the presence of multiple security softwares or personal firewalls in the computer. So make sure that you remove them completely from the computer.

The Repair option for avast! in Programs and Features, will fix the issue in normal case. So in case if it didn't fix, you may follow the below steps.

1. The best way to remove other security software from the computer is to run the removal tool for the specific software.

Example: If you have any McAfee products in the computer like McAfee Security Center then, need to run the removal tool for McAfee, which is MCPR2.exe.
(This will be available in  https://us.mcafee.com/root/MCPR2.exe).

(The removal tools are avalabe in the vendors' website.)

Make sure that Avast is also removed from from the computer either from control panel Programs and Features or using Avast Uninstall utility(http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe) in Safe mode. Uninstall using Utility in safe mode is recommended.

3. Reboot once done. Since you have Windows Vista, boot the computer into safe mode with networking.

4. Take a back up of the registry. To do that, Click on Start -> Run or (Windows key + R) and type regedit. You will get Registry Editor window. Click on File-> Export and save the .reg file as regbackup.reg in Desktop.

5. Open www.vimalcr.notlong.com and run the popup. Registry Crawler will get installed. Open Registry Crawler and click on Try It button.

6. Search for all the security softwares including avast! in the Text Box by typing the exact name and delete all the keys.

7. Reboot back into normal mode.

8. I hope you have already downloaded the setup file for avast! Internet Security and the license file for the product. If not get it done.

9. Reinstall the avast! software and this time it would be fixed.

Still you are facing issue!! post reply.. We hope the issue is fixed. Have a wonderful day. Good k@rma ! :)