Author Topic: How to set "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only".  (Read 5424 times)

damdow

The Web Shield on BPP version 6.0.1324 is interfering with the Zeacom telephone clients we use, it will not connect to its server. Enabling "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only" under "Web Shield"->"Expert Settings"->"Main Settings" on the client fixes the problem.

However, I cannot figure out how to configure this setting from the Administration Console. I checked the Expert Settings, but am unable to find a setting that would seem to apply - and I don't want to start randomly changing things.

Does anyone know what, if any, expert setting controls "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only" under Web Shield?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:15:07 PM by Damian Dowling »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How to set "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only".
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »
It's a very new feature as avast latest version got more WebShield scanning features.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84297.msg685480#msg685480

I'm not familiarized with BPP version yet, although I had translated it.
Hope the programmers could help.
The best things in life are free.

damdow

Re: How to set "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only".
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Avast support have confirmed that the "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only" setting is not yet implemented in Expert Settings.

Which leaves me over a barrel. I have asked if there is a way of pushing out the setting using another method, eg Group Policy.