Author Topic: Business Protection Conflict with SharePoint  (Read 3432 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline .: Mac :.

  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 5093
Business Protection Conflict with SharePoint
« on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:07 PM »
Ive ran into this twice now. When installing the Business protection Console onto a server running SharePoint (Such as a Windows Small Business Server) the console will not load. Worse on the first server I ran a repair of the avast console which messed up SharePoint (That server has now been reloaded and we went back to using the older ADNM 4.8)

Current setup: One Server (SBS 2003) and 25 Clients. Installed Avast BP Console v1.1 and the install completed without errors but the console brings up webpage can not be displayed.

Since this is a production server Im not keen on running a repair of the Avast console after my previous experience. And am considering just using ADMN 4.8 at this customer


Anyone else run into this that can offer a solution or suggestion?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline .: Mac :.

  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • *****
  • Posts: 5093
Re: Business Protection Conflict with SharePoint
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »
After some digging I found something. I was able to access the console using a unsecured connection at http://servername/Avast/Service.aspx and went into the advanced settings. Web root URI was http://servername:80/Avast I changed the port to 443 and it opened via the secure link at http://servername/Avast/Default.aspx

Not sure why this works but it does
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay