Author Topic: Error after upgrade to 4.5.518  (Read 9931 times)

pittie31

Re:Error after upgrade to 4.5.518
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 12:07:01 AM »
Great to hear that. How soon can i expect that? When do you think this new update will be available? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 01:52:17 AM »
Great to hear that. How soon can i expect that? When do you think this new update will be available? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Could be soon...
Can you take a look here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=8728;start=15

Will this updated file help you?
The best things in life are free.

pittie31

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 01:10:32 AM »
I checked that thread and found another link to another thread and in that one found a post with an update file, if thats what you mean? So i downloaded it and unpacked it to the according folders, and will now restart and re-install avast 4.5 and see if it works, but i'm not sure it will, since that update was for a problem with timeouts in email. I will let you know how it went. Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 02:55:40 PM »
I checked that thread and found another link to another thread and in that one found a post with an update file, if thats what you mean? So i downloaded it and unpacked it to the according folders, and will now restart and re-install avast 4.5 and see if it works, but i'm not sure it will, since that update was for a problem with timeouts in email. I will let you know how it went. Thanks

Last tentative here with build 4.5.529:
More informations here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9007
The best things in life are free.

pittie31

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »
Thanks, this beta version did the trick. I installed it, then rebooted, and had no problems whatsoever. Thanks so much for your help!!!

catzeyez35

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 01:40:36 AM »
Hi i am new to this. I dont even think  that I have this in the right area..
But I am having problem updating since this release..everyday since  the release I get a red box telling me that there is an error in trying to update the virus definitions..I am at a loss of what to do now..I thought  about going back and redownloading another version of avast..I was happy with what I had and next thing I know I have 4.5. I also got a box that come up from  the right hand  side where it lets me know that my virus definitions have been updated. It said that there was another version so of course I clicked on it..but I had problems there as well...I am wondering if this is the reason I keep getting virus definitions update problems?
Thankyou for any help...I am totally frustrated here. :-[
Thanks,
Kim

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 01:45:49 AM »
Check your firewall and proxy settings.