Author Topic: avast license key need to recover,,,,, got hacked via ftp clients  (Read 4051 times)

kated

HI

I registered my license key with a different email address which since has been hacked at katedurnfordrelooe@fsmail.net and I have to recover my license key bought recently with this address, and I need to recover the key as I have bought the paid version of avast in the past 3 months, my current address is the address I have logged in with today, as I had to resest my computer due to hacking bypassing internet security. how do i go about changing my email that the license was sent to so that I can recover it to the new address pls

best wishes

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast license key need to recover,,,,, got hacked via ftp clients
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »
I take it you didn't backup the license.avastlic file then ?

Would it not be possible to get control back of your fsmail account via their admin and change the password. That way it would be possible to have the license resent automatically:
Resend avast License [url]http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php]http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php]Resend avast License [url]http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.[/url]

You should modify your post and remove or obfuscate your email address or it could be harvested. Whilst you might not care if you are going to abandon it, I would say not to do that until you have recovered your license.

Otherwise it will be hard to get your license back as they would normally only send it to the original email address to prevent fraudulent use. You could contact sales (at) avast (dot) com and try to explain the problem, but you would have to provide a reasonable amount of information (which you may not have now) to prove you are the legitimate purchaser.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zfactor

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:55:33 AM »
i would email sales and ask them to change the lic info
since you say it got hacked..

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:08:22 AM »
The problem is that before they would do that I'm sure they would need information to prove that the person is the legit owner of the license. Given the OPs comment "I had to resest my computer" that may not be so easy to do if they haven't saved the email receipt with order/receipt information.

Had kated done then she would likely have a copy of the license.avastlic too and not need it resent.

So it is a bit of a quandary.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security