Author Topic: Can't get license file from avast or digital river..wtf?  (Read 13262 times)

zfactor

Re: Can't get license file from avast or digital river..wtf?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 01:53:18 AM »
did you use paypal to pay and if so was the email you used and the email used for payment the same? meaning when you filled out the address info and email did that match the paypal address? just a thought. if not i would be in contact with digital river as this sounds like their issue not avast

HynsHrWy

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 03:26:41 AM »
I just purchased the software (Internet Security) after trying the trial version and have the exact same problem.  The checkout process went smoothly, got the confirmation email, but no license file.  "License file does not exist" was at the bottom of the email I received, also.  Tried requesting that the license file be resent - didn't recognize my email (yes, it was input correctly).  Tried looking up my order using my Order # and again with my Credit Card #....no luck.  I've sent a support ticket to Sales, now just awaiting a reply......

The one thing that I thought was weird - and this may not be related in any way to the license file problem - was that the "Finish Order" page was somehow incomplete, I think.  It tells you that you've completed your order and then follows with instructions on how to download and install the program (same as the email I received).  However, the website was only displaying through Step 1....there was no download link, no Step 2, etc.  I have the program installed because of the trial version I was using, so it said to proceed to Step 2.  Well, I couldn't find a Step 2 on the webpage, no way of navigating to Step 2....there was Step 1 and then a survey right below that.  I figured it may have been an internet browser issue, so I just opened my confirmation email and got the directions from there (minus the License File, of course).  Anyway, might not be related, but I thought that was weird...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:30:22 AM by HynsHrWy »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 03:33:56 AM »
This might be a server error/problem as Igor suggest earlier in this topic.

There might be some problem on the servers (I'm not sure, but there are some hints) - so I'd ask you for a bit of patience, it should get checked.
<snip>
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

reed0082

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 04:15:29 AM »
Bah, i just bought this and same problem. License was not sent in email, and there was no download link when it said Click download below... Far out.

Hope there is some solution to this very quickly.

Abw

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »
Well..I hate to say it but I feel better now..lol.. We are in the same boat and from the looks of it without a paddle... They need to make this right to us somehow because I have wasted many an hour trying to figure out their issue and still have not..

We shall see how it pans out...

reed0082

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »
Well, i guess i will call my bank and tell them to put a stop on the payment.

HynsHrWy

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 01:29:20 AM »
Hey all, I just checked my email and found some good news!  I received a response from Avast regarding the support ticket I sent to sales.  It said that they were looking into the problem and that something went wrong with the order because the purchase went through, but the license file didn't automatically generate.  Several hours later I was sent an Order Confirmation again from Digital River, this time with the License filed attached!  Yay! :D  I inserted the License File, and now I'm good to go!  Hopefully you all will have your License Files waiting for you in your inbox - if not, I suggest sending a support ticket.  Best Wishes!

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 12:12:25 AM »
Hey all, I just checked my email and found some good news!  I received a response from Avast regarding the support ticket I sent to sales.  It said that they were looking into the problem and that something went wrong with the order because the purchase went through, but the license file didn't automatically generate.  Several hours later I was sent an Order Confirmation again from Digital River, this time with the License filed attached!  Yay! :D  I inserted the License File, and now I'm good to go!  Hopefully you all will have your License Files waiting for you in your inbox - if not, I suggest sending a support ticket.  Best Wishes!

Great. Be sure to file that license away. Just to be sure, I burned it to a few CDs and put them in a safe place.

Yes, on my hard drive, also.
printed on 100% recycled bytes